Hey blue direct from ft lauderdale

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Did jet. Blue lose a flight? Seems the only direct flight leaves at 8 am means be at the airport brace 6. I am sore I had a lovely direct eArly afternoon flight just a few months ago. Now only spirit has good flight times. What's up with that?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Did jet. Blue lose a flight? Seems the only direct flight leaves at 8 am means be at the airport brace 6. I am sore I had a lovely direct eArly afternoon flight just a few months ago. Now only spirit has good flight times. What's up with that?

I just looked at the website. Only one direct flight from Ft.Lauderdale to Santo Domingo. Leaves at 8:30 AM. Many other choices for a connection through San Juan PR.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I experienced the same. when I checked fares a few weeks back, there were late morning fights w/ SJU layover. A week ago, when I booked, the 8:30 flight was the only decent fare available.
As I've before, that while Spirit appears to be a bargain on the surface, you fly them at your own risk. I'd sooner walk.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I just looked at the website. Only one direct flight from Ft.Lauderdale to Santo Domingo. Leaves at 8:30 AM. Many other choices for a connection through San Juan PR.

Just looked at Jet Blue's site. Got the "Only 2 tickets left" Bull poop for $551 one way to San Juan from POP. The ferry would be preferable!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
go on the Best fare Finder ( extreme right on the Plan A Trip tab)

$99 one way FLL - SDQ all month of January

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

Oy. Don't start. I recently had to go back to the US and the only JetBlue flight back to the island was at 6.35 a.m., meaning the Diva had to be at the airport at 4. And since the Diva also had a car to return, it meant departing the Upper East Side at 2.30 a.m., and the Diva was NOT pleased. I mean, I go to bed at 2.00, but it's just wrong to be getting up at that hour.

But direct is direct. (sigh)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It is not the price so much although it is amazing that. The taxes are as much as the fare. But the schedule. There are only the two airlines that fly direct. And really a 9 hour flight? I am not going to get up at 4 m . So I guess I will pIck a sandwich try a, big front seat and go over to Spirit.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Am finding something interesting on AA SDQ to MIA. If you check the fares late at night or early morning before 9AM the fares
are lower. Also now since all AA flights are roundtrip if you pick a high departure fare and then a lower return fare the lower return fare becomes the cost of the ticket. Buying a ticket this week one could have gone roundtrip returning Monday the 18th for as low as $237 roundtrip. The route is SDQ to MIA and back. If you look at the fares later in the day departures and returns are both higher. Beats Spirit and you can take carryons and check a bag.