Gay Life in Santo Domingo and DR

Carlitos

Jan 28, 2002
I am Dominican but have not been to the DR in 15 years. My gringo boyfriend and I want to visit for a week or two and stay at a touristy resort, maybe near Boca Chica, but for sure near Santo Domingo. My question is, what is the level of acceptance toward gay guys, especially a Dominican/Gringo couple?? Also what are the gay "hot spots" around Santo Domingo? What beaches, bars, clubs, etc? Thanks to all who can help, and thanks also to those who have something rude to say but manage to avoid posting it on this board. :)

Werheey UK

Feb 2, 2002
www.ultimaterockbabies.co.uk
be careful guys i mean gays

I was in Santa Domingo and heard a bit of a commotion i turned round to see an angry mob, who had surrounded two guys.

There was a lot of pulling and pushing eventually they were bundled into a bust up van and driven away.

I asked this local bar owner who my girlfriend and i had been drinking with the nite beforem what had they done..apparently they hand been kissing blatently in public tongues and everthing.

What will happen i asked him, he said in the interior of the island is a reserve with fresh water crocodiles which got hungry and with that off he went

SHIIIIIISH be careful out there.

Donny Brasco

Jan 28, 2002
I work at a Gay bar just yards from the Crocodile enclosure in question.

I had heard rumour that our local customers were being apprehended by rough looking thugs, and two close friends of mine said they had been happily skipping down the street holding hands, when the group approached.
Luckily for my friends, they had their handbags with them, and managed to escape with a swift blow (oo,er) to the 'ringleader'

Well needless to say upon hearing the story in the bar the next night, we were all stood with mouths wide-open at the news.

I have seen items resembling body parts in the bushes near the enclosure, so I would think twice before returning to this area.

Luckily I have been spared as I only work in the gay bar, but dont partake in gay activities as my straight girlfreind wont allow it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think Santo Domingo is Gay "neutral"

I mean no "PDA" (Public Display of Affection).Come on down,have fun in the sun,conservative dress,and what you do in the bedroom is nobodys business but your own!Judging by the number of views that any post with the word "Gay" receives vs. responses (Lots of "Looking",Little Response) people fear being "labeled",or "Outed" if they respond.Maybe if you accepted emails more people would answer you! There is a good "Gay" club in Santo Domingo on the Malecon near Vesuvios,I,ll find out the name for you.Email me if you have any more questions.Criss Colon