Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trujillo and chinola juice

I love drinking the chinola juice, and it has never given me any problems. Mix it with some Brugal Anejo and it is fantastic. However, I always have Dominicans laugh and tell me to BE CAREFUL! They say it is not good for a man (if you know what I mean)
    A Dominican explained to me that this is a false rumor that Trujillo spread. He wanted a lighter skinned nation,and he wanted the Dominicans to have less babies, so he spread the rumor that chinola was bad for a man's vigor, and men should avoid it, when actually the opposite was true, and it lived up to it's other name, "the passion fruit".
    Has anyone else heard these rumors?
    (I can't wait for chic and cc's comments.)

2. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    I love drinking the chinola juice, and it has never given me any problems. Mix it with some Brugal Anejo and it is fantastic. However, I always have Dominicans laugh and tell me to BE CAREFUL! They say it is not good for a man (if you know what I mean)
    A Dominican explained to me that this is a false rumor that Trujillo spread. He wanted a lighter skinned nation,and he wanted the Dominicans to have less babies, so he spread the rumor that chinola was bad for a man's vigor, and men should avoid it, when actually the opposite was true, and it lived up to it's other name, "the passion fruit".
    Has anyone else heard these rumors?
    (I can't wait for chic and cc's comments.)
    it is a rumor that Trujillo started that rumor. it is common legend in the caribbean that chinola does bad things to Mr Wheezer.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the amount of Chinola Juice consumed on this Island, it hasn't decreased the philandering or birth rates one iota!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Trujillo may well have been correct.

Chinola reduces arterial tension and heart beat.....

http://www.villagonzalencesny.org/pr...on-o-maracuya/

First paragraph web translation.......

It tomb to man, myth or reality. NEW YORK, USA.-

In addition to these properties has been found one that is the one that concerns us, "The Chinese/produces diminution of the arterial tension and to a decrease in the number of beats in the heart".Then knowing that we know that to happen an erection must be filled with blood vessels of the penis and for this we need pressure, in addition to the process of ejaculation the body further enhances the arterial tension and the beating of the heart.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Considering the amount of Chinola Juice consumed on this Island, it hasn't decreased the philandering or birth rates one iota!
    i'm pretty sure cinola juice served in DR is 10% fruit and 90% sugar. whatever natural properties of the plant are trumped by diabetes inducing industrial proportion of sugar.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    Trujillo may well have been correct.

Chinola reduces arterial tension and heart beat.....

http://www.villagonzalencesny.org/pr...on-o-maracuya/

First paragraph web translation.......

It tomb to man, myth or reality. NEW YORK, USA.-

In addition to these properties has been found one that is the one that concerns us, "The Chinese/produces diminution of the arterial tension and to a decrease in the number of beats in the heart".Then knowing that we know that to happen an erection must be filled with blood vessels of the penis and for this we need pressure, in addition to the process of ejaculation the body further enhances the arterial tension and the beating of the heart.
    Maybe my understanding of anatomy is incomplete, but this would only yield fewer babies, not lighter ones. Am I right? Selective science, I guess, for El Jefe.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Chinola Halves when they serve it at the AI's at breakfast .
    I dont see it in too many places other than that.. even though Im assuming it grown plentiful in the DR.. The juice right up for sure.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I drank chinola juice every morning when living in Nagua. Never noticed a difference. Sounds like a old wives tale but
    sure makes for great conversation here on DR1.
    Perhaps Trujillo should have tried dieting and exercise.

10. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    I drank chinola juice every morning when living in Nagua. Never noticed a difference. Sounds like a old wives tale but
    sure makes for great conversation here on DR1.
    of course it is an old wives´tale. i have never met anyone who can offer evidence to substantiate that claim.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Imagine if Trujilo had tried diet and exercise. And responsible, science-based family planning for the years he exercised absolute power. It would be a different country today.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast