Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default senator gifts 100k pesos to the policemen who killed 3 criminals

the title of the thread pretty much sums it up. a senator from PLD offered 100,000 pesos reward to the policemen who killed 3 criminals in bani last friday. he says the criminals were a part of a large group attacking and robbing people. he also called the policemen, who faced 6 heavily armed delinquentes, heroic.
    http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...bani-CF2474051
    http://zdigital.do/app/article.aspx?id=175980

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting to read the commentaries of the Dominicans to this story , mainly praising the police but others not so happy about the killings. I suppose that sums up the views of contributors in DR1 also , some for this type of justice and others rather wary . I used to be in the wary camp but having witnessed these delinquents and how ruthless they are , I am now of the view that police only now need the slightest provocation to fire at these people. it is hard to see any other solution to this growing problem .
    There is no doubt in my mind that these delinquents would have no hesitation in killing others , so they die by their code.

3. Likes redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Two options when dealing with these delinquents. Lock them up with a revolving door so they can be released and feel
    empowered to commit more crimes without fear of punishment OR shoot them dead. I personally have no problem with
    how the police handled these scum.

5. Likes redserge, Ogre of the Caribbean liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it is always interesting to read comments or dominican news sites.

7. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Just don't forget that the only difference between the police and these criminals is the uniform.

They are from the same barrios, same stupidity level, they commit the same type of crimes, they shoot at the slightest provocation, .... can be continued forever. Absolutely no difference, only the uniform.

These policias got their reward from the senator.... others will get their rewards by robbing somebody, or by taking bribes from narcos, etc.

9. Likes redserge liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

and where did the senator get the 100,000......politicians are same as the thieves ,same as the police

11. Likes redserge liked this post