help request

jefe

Jan 29, 2002
in 1945 my grandfather came to the main land to escape the torture of a mercillouse tyrant. In 1961 my father was born to a dominiblack family which incouraged his complete assimilation in the american society. I the son of a proud race is the only remnant of that which was lost. I am in highschool in detroit and in frequent contact with Dominican decendents. I want to know for sure were my calling in life is.

please RE:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Jefe

If you can,t speak "Dominican",have never been to the dominican republic,can,t dance "Bachata",or at least merengue,never ate "longaniza",or Mondongo,or san cocho,or pastel en oja,or drank Presidente con clamato.I think life might be hard for you in the Dominican Republic! You should certainly be proud of your dominican heritage.Who do you feel like? Your "Gut" feeling should tell you a lot. Good Luck! Criss Colon

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
....Criss, there's no such thing as "Dominican", well I guess there is if you count all the slang words....tato! hehe

Jefe - You should defenetly plan on visiting someday and touring the country, spend sometime in the campos and get a feel for your roots. Since visiting may not be easy for you right now, you should start by reading up on the history of the country, then learning about the culture....the music, the people and traditions. There's plenty of webpages you where you can find information, I can send you the link to some if you would like. But defenetly plan on visiting someday.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Not to be confused with the beloved

El Jefe....

First of all...finish your education. Then do what the others say...come for a visit...spend some time with your family in the DR and see how they live. then you have a basis for a life changing decision.