Filed for residency lately?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
So...has anyone, married to a Dominican citizen, filed for DR residency lately?
What initial steps you had to take and paperwork you had to file?
Procedures and paperwork in this country change all the time, that's why I?d like to hear from someone who's done it recently.

Thanks!

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I fit your description. I have just done my interview and waiting on the ceremony.Tell us where you are in the process. Do you have your one year residency or do you have to start from scratch. Will be glad to help you with any info.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I fit your description. I have just done my interview and waiting on the ceremony.Tell us where you are in the process. Do you have your one year residency or do you have to start from scratch. Will be glad to help you with any info.

Hi! It's not for me. It's an American who's starting from scratch.
Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Do you mean citizenship or residency in your case?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I married a Dominicana too. Had her sign a pre neptual agreement. What's hers is mine. What's mine is never hers! Thankfully she doesn't speak much English and her fathers donkey will soon be my property. I already scored the chickens and hens. Winning! Gringos marrying Doms a comedy coming to your town soon.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Did anyone tell you how long that would take?

I applied and passed the test they require you to do for naturalization in early July, and have been waiting for the interpol police report since then. The other two police reports have been done for months. Once the reports are complete and you pay the fee they give you the date.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So...has anyone, married to a Dominican citizen, filed for DR residency lately?
What initial steps you had to take and paperwork you had to file?
Procedures and paperwork in this country change all the time, that's why I?d like to hear from someone who's done it recently.

Thanks!

Not lately, no. Just renewed for first time. So over a year ago for original residency.

Started by applying for RS visa in home country.
Letter, stating reasons for residency blabla,
birth certificate ( apostillado )
Police record, clean. ( apostillado )
Wedding certificate.
Passport and copy of passport.
Medical certificate, stating you are healthy.

Sent all that to dr embassy. They translate docs, for a fee ( most will be of no use, as you have to translate them again in the dr.....dont ask why ).
Got my passport back with RS visa, and translations of docs.

Then you have 2 months to deposit at DGM in the dr ( but the dr embassy will put your departure date as issue date on RS visa, if u ask them ).
Letter.
DGM question form thingy.
Birth certificate,
Police record, translated again, with apostille translated, then legslisado ( i think )
Wedding certifcate, in extenso, legalisado ( mine is dr issued, no idea if married in another country ).
Photos.
Copy of wife's cedula.
Full copy of passport.
Passport with RS visa.

Deposit at DGM. Pay fees. Do medical. Wait, wait, wait. Phone to ask. Wait, wait. Phone again. Wait. Phone. Wait. Phone.
Pouuf !! Residency ;)

Bee Dolla

Jan 21, 2016
I married a Dominicana too. Had her sign a pre neptual agreement. What's hers is mine. What's mine is never hers! Thankfully she doesn't speak much English and her fathers donkey will soon be my property. I already scored the chickens and hens. Winning! Gringos marrying Doms a comedy coming to your town soon.

This is my wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart,
Hugs when spirits sag,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Friendships to brighten your being,
Faith so that you can believe,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
Love to complete your life.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
One recommendation I would make is when you get translation done in the states is to use any one that speaks Spanish. There is no legal status for doing translations in the states. They will accept these to get your 60 day visa as they did in my case. When you get here to apply for one year residency they will not use them. You can get your translations done at a reasonable price here. I had Olga Vinas do them for me. She has legal status to do them here.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
One recommendation I would make is when you get translation done in the states is to use any one that speaks Spanish. There is no legal status for doing translations in the states. They will accept these to get your 60 day visa as they did in my case..
Yes, I've heard that even a friend can do it; just add a certifying paragraph stating that you're competent in both languages.