PUJ locked suitcase

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Newer checked suitcases have a lock, approved by TSA and they can open it, but should I not put valuable
items inside when going to PUJ airport? Can the workers there open the suitcase.....or only TSA USA can open it?

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Having a TSA compatible lock on your luggage means that TSA can steal your lock(s). Both of them.

DS

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
They can open anything they want! I once brought back some (very) large bras for my maid (who is exceptionally, ahem, well-endowed), and the suitcase checkers apparently had a lot of fun with them.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Newer checked suitcases have a lock, approved by TSA and they can open it, but should I not put valuable
items inside when going to PUJ airport? Can the workers there open the suitcase.....or only TSA USA can open it?

I believe they have the right to open it and to break it open if the lock is locked.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
The main problem with the TSA locks is that THEY did something EXTREMELY STUPID which allowed unauthorized people to make 3D copies of their master keys. Don't believe it? Check THIS out.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I have posted in the past. Youtube is full of videos how ANYONE can pick a TSA lock.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I never lock my bags here in the DR or anywhere else.. quicly learned that they will break the entire lock and damage the bag if there is a lock . Never had anything stolen but batteries removed from my alarm clock

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I have posted in the past. Youtube is full of videos how ANYONE can pick a TSA lock.

With a BIC PEN..
when i first started posting those vids ( on another site) they said it was bs, cant be true...
Its pretty shocking how easy it is to OPEN and RE CLOSE ANY ZIPPER with a PEN..
Locks mean NOTHING
I stopped using them (those silly locks) after that.. but I also put NO valuables in suitcase. just clothes. shoes and bath Items.

If you are putting Digital Cameras , I phones, Videos cameras, and other expensive stuff in your checked suitcase, you really need to have your head examined... no offense.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I never lock my bags here in the DR or anywhere else.. quicly learned that they will break the entire lock and damage the bag if there is a lock . Never had anything stolen but batteries removed from my alarm clock

[video=youtube;zMTXzQ0Vqn8]x[/video].......

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You can use any lock not just the TSA approved ones. I bought some for my luggage and have no issues whatsoever and they do not open my luggage. Been having it for years.

Jan 7, 2016
You can use any lock not just the TSA approved ones. I bought some for my luggage and have no issues whatsoever and they do not open my luggage. Been having it for years.

They'll just cut-off any locks not TSA compliant, if they really want into the bag because of something they thought they saw on the xray...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
In the DR it's not a question of IF they'll open your suitcase, it's WHEN will they open it. And as already mentioned, a pen magincally opens almost any zipper...

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
BTW I dodged a bullet back in July in LaRomana. One time I forgot to lock my room safe, that had a back up LG phone, $300 watch
and about $500. I came back to the room, which had been cleaned by the lady, and everything was in the safe.
Luck of Irish maybe.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
BTW I dodged a bullet back in July in LaRomana. One time I forgot to lock my room safe, that had a back up LG phone, $300 watch
and about $500. I came back to the room, which had been cleaned by the lady, and everything was in the safe.
Luck of Irish maybe.

I have done that before.. the Maids at the AI's are pretty good.. probably think its a TEST..
left cameras and cash in the dresser drawers too.. never stolen.
only if you leave it on TOP of the dresser, then its a PROPINA for sure..

if my stuff is ever stolen at an AI, i would never ever go back, and would BLAST them to no end, the Social Media thing really scares them.. they pretty good, imo.
I would trust a Maid at an AI , a lot more than ANY TSA person.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I have done that before.. the Maids at the AI's are pretty good.. probably think its a TEST..
left cameras and cash in the dresser drawers too.. never stolen.
only if you leave it on TOP of the dresser, then its a PROPINA for sure..

if my stuff is ever stolen at an AI, i would never ever go back, and would BLAST them to no end, the Social Media thing really scares them.. they pretty good, imo.
I would trust a Maid at an AI , a lot more than ANY TSA person.

Glad to read this.