I'm now officially a retard

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Dropped my papers this week, now I have time to come to the DR and hang with the rest of the "tards".
And to sweeten to tea, my abogado sent me my divorce decree, effective 20 Jan.
Life is starting to look reeeel good.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Tards?
Married then having to get divorced, lol, kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.
Cheers to you being free at last, free at last.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Congrats on the retirement, Rollout. You going to visit more often, or thinking about moving?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
DR, I had been considering renting a condo in the Bavaro area for some time now, but after last weeks' visit to BC, I was ready to jet after the second day.
Not sure that I possess the temperament to become a full time resident at this point.
As it is, I typically visit every other month. That may change.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
DR, I had been considering renting a condo in the Bavaro area for some time now, but after last weeks' visit to BC, I was ready to jet after the second day.
Not sure that I possess the temperament to become a full time resident at this point.
As it is, I typically visit every other month. That may change.

What happened last week?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Not one thing in particular; its mostly the attitude that's prevalent. ex; went to a beach restaurant with gf, she orders a rum punch, takes one sip, and sets it aside. I explain to the waiter that we don't want it, but of course, it appears on the bill. This escalates into a full blown showdown with the manager. In the end, I win, but its the effort involved to make sure that you aren't ripped off at every turn that is debilitating.
As Gorgon previously indicated, most folks in the service industry, for whatever reason, simply don't listen.
This one's for you, DV8. I order a salad, request that it be served prior to the entree. Of course, salad and entree come to the table ajuntos.
I get it that most folks live a hand-to-mouth existence, but when you come at me with the my sheit don't stink attitude; all bets are off.
I know that some will be quick to jump on my back for identifying some negative aspects of my experiences, but I keep coming back for more.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I'm now officially a retard

Dropped my papers this week, now I have time to come to the DR and hang with the rest of the "tards".

So, you're getting right back on the horse for more joy rides, keep control of the bridle. :laugh: lol

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Hola RO and congratulations on your newfound freedom. I was married for 26 years and had my shackles released when I was 50 years old. I love the freedom and lack of responsibility. Now I just sit back and let my relationships take their natural course. My latest companion is a recently widowed lady I went to school with years ago. I'm showing her around the DR and introducing her to my DR friends. There's been a few frustrating moments in bars and restaurants but when you weigh the sweet against the bad here, the sweet wins every time. Where else can you wrap your arms around a gorgeous woman and feel the trade winds on your body while knocking back a large dark rum and Coke. Add that to the beautiful sunsets and all the bad fades very quickly. Enjoy your freedom and remember every time you pull down your zipper, be prepared to open your wallet.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not one thing in particular; its mostly the attitude that's prevalent. ex; went to a beach restaurant with gf, she orders a rum punch, takes one sip, and sets it aside. I explain to the waiter that we don't want it, but of course, it appears on the bill. This escalates into a full blown showdown with the manager. In the end, I win, but its the effort involved to make sure that you aren't ripped off at every turn that is debilitating.
As Gorgon previously indicated, most folks in the service industry, for whatever reason, simply don't listen.
This one's for you, DV8. I order a salad, request that it be served prior to the entree. Of course, salad and entree come to the table ajuntos.
I get it that most folks live a hand-to-mouth existence, but when you come at me with the my sheit don't stink attitude; all bets are off.
I know that some will be quick to jump on my back for identifying some negative aspects of my experiences, but I keep coming back for more.

BC is a sh*thole and its the last place in the country I would travel too expecting quality anything.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014

Congrats on the retirement.

You and I are different people though. If my gf orders something, takes one sip, and doesn't want it, then I'm going to be fighting with her and not the restaurant unless it was incorrectly made.

I'd lose my cool over that sort of thing.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I can't fault her; I tasted it, it was a sugary mess.
As far as BC and quality issues, my expectations were at the appropriate level. I chose it because I simply didn't want to deal with SD and the ensuing headaches
Did encounter a restaurant of good quality, and as a result, returned on multiple occasions. Bocana, to be exact.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Got it. It's a different story if it is messed up. I've seen some wasteful behavior because it's someone else's money and that drives me crazy.