Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default El Salvadors Advice on Zika: Dont Have Babies until 2018

I understand this same advice is now being given in the DR, as if people would stop making babies..

SAN SALVADOR When in human history has an epidemic become so alarming that a nation feels compelled to urge its people not to have children for two years?

Grappling with a mosquito-borne virus linked to brain damage in infants, El Salvador is doing just that, advising all women in the country not to get pregnant until 2018 the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass that, to many here, only illustrates their governments desperation.

Its not up to the government; its up to God, said Vanessa Iraheta, 30, who is seven months pregnant with her second child. I dont think the youth will stop having children.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/wo...=42303622&_r=0

Post Thanks / Like

To your knowledge, has this malady afflicted any babies in the DR?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First 10 cases of ZIKA in DR confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    To your knowledge, has this malady afflicted any babies in the DR?
    Since the first 10 cases of Zika were just confirmed, any babies that might be afflicted have yet to be born.

http://news.yahoo.com/dominican-repu...043655609.html

January 23, 2016 11:36 PM

Santo Domingo (AFP) - The Dominican Republic said it has 10 confirmed cases of the mosquito-borne Zika virus, the ailment suspected of causing serious birth defects in newborns.

Altagracia Guzman, the Caribbean country's health minister, said lab testing of samples sent to the United States had confirmed Zika in 10 out of 27 suspected cases.

"In light of this finding, it is imperative to adopt strict measures across the nation to prevent and contain this illness," Guzman said.

Zika has been linked to a birth defect known as microcephaly, when babies are born with malformed and abnormally small heads. It is also associated with a higher incidence of miscarriages.

Proposed measures to contain the illness include stepped-up mosquito eradication, including eliminating standing water that can be breeding grounds for the insects.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I understand this same advice is now being given in the DR, as if people would stop making babies..

SAN SALVADOR When in human history has an epidemic become so alarming that a nation feels compelled to urge its people not to have children for two years?

Grappling with a mosquito-borne virus linked to brain damage in infants, El Salvador is doing just that, advising all women in the country not to get pregnant until 2018 the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass that, to many here, only illustrates their governments desperation.

Its not up to the government; its up to God, said Vanessa Iraheta, 30, who is seven months pregnant with her second child. I dont think the youth will stop having children.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/wo...=42303622&_r=0
    Watch how this works in DR-I bet the birth rate will actually rise instead of decline with this Zika hysteria.

Post Thanks / Like

Like this country needs more problems.........

6. Likes robbiee liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The threat of a mosquito-borne virus has NEVER stopped the people of Latin America from screwing their brains-out. The comment by the Govt is rediculous, beyond belief.

8. Likes robbiee liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

high infant mortality rate has not put people off breeding either. i don't think we'll see any change in terms of the number of kids born.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm could this be just another depopulationist conspiracy by the world shadow governments?
    Lol. Can you imagine if the caribbean, latin america and the usa siezed having babies lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Christopher View Post
    Hmm could this be just another depopulationist conspiracy by the world shadow governments?
    Lol. Can you imagine if the caribbean, latin america and the usa siezed having babies lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I am sure it benefits the shadow governments greatly to have fewer people over whom to cast their shadow.

12. Likes Michael Christopher liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast