Dogs Only Getaway & Spa - Sosua

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's my 'review' day, since I have something resembling normal internet for the first time in a month.

In early December, I saw a dog in Cabarete on a Facebook rescue page for DR - she was going to be put down that weekend because her owners were returning to Europe. She's an older gal, 7 yrs so not as adoptable to many, and we decided to give her a place to run around at a new forever home. The problem was that we couldn't pick her up for a month.

After several false starts, someone recommended Dogs Only Getaway & Spa in Sosua. I contacted the owner, Darla Wotherspoon, and she responded immediately. Within 24 hours we had made arrangements for her to take the dog in for the month, until we could get there.

I can't say enough positive things about Darla and her doggy day care - it's spectacular. She has a large property, large kennels, and she really CARES about the dogs that are in her care. The facilities were well kept and very clean. It was easy to find, even though we know less than nothing about Sosua. We turned at the police station near Playero, and it wasn't far from there.

After a month there - a LONG time in anyone's book - our new doggie was happy and healthy, and jumped right into the car for the long ride back to the south coast.

If you're looking for a groomer, she does that too. She also does rescue work.

I'd give Darla 5 Stars.

http://www.dogsofsosua.com/ (809) 817-2637

Jan 17, 2009
I'm so glad you were able to give this older dog a home! I don't understand people who raise puppies and just because of life changes they leave them behind as a piece of furniture.

Thanks for writing about this place in Sosua. I hadn't heard of it, but will take note as we always hear of someone looking for good pet care while they go on vacation.

DOGS is great, they took awesome care of 2 of our "problem" dogs while we went away for 10 days. IMO it's the best place to board your dog in the Sosua area.

Darla also took in one of our fosters and found a home for him :)

I have been quite a few times to Darla's and the animals always seem happy, healthy and clean.