AMET to sell unclaimed vehicles

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I'm Looking for a 94 Nissan Altima for spare parts whare does the sale take part.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when more info comes out i will post it. providing that all goes as planned the sale would take place in march or so. the paperwork takes time.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
i am trying to find out as well. I need lights. sent an email to them asking but maybe will get reply

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Can you just imagine the pile of crap they are trying to sell. If a Dominican or Haitan doesn't want it back I'm not sure there's anything left. Even as spare parts or salvage.
Good luck you guys. Your gonna need it

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Indeed they will be auctioned off but it doesn't say who will be allowed to participate in these auctions???

Last edited:

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I know there are some usable parts. I have seen photos from amet of the pile. whether or not people get to bid who knows. I have been buying from government auctions for over 20 years. I JUST hope they auction off individually not large groups. we have a shop and can use parts

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Can you just imagine the pile of crap they are trying to sell. If a Dominican or Haitan doesn't want it back I'm not sure there's anything left. Even as spare parts or salvage.
Good luck you guys. Your gonna need it

maybe the confiscation is subject to fines, and the owners just do not have the ready cash. i cannot tell how many cars i bought in NYC because the owners parked them illegally, and could not come up with the towing and storage fees. my best haul was a brand new Aprilia RSV Mille R, which was worth 14,000 dollars, which i scooped up for 3500.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
you will find out all the useful details after the auction. you aren?t going, that?s for sure.

I was living with a lady in Biloxi MS who had had her car stolen 8 months before. She cried daily for her Hoda car. One day there was a notice rec'd in the mail telling her that her vehicle was being sold at police auction in Ocean SPrings, just a few milse away. So we went thinking maybe to buy her precious car back. We brought $1000 in cash. SHe looked around and informed me that her car wasn't there among the rest. We walked all the around and finally found it in a crumpled up pile not 12 inches between the front and rear tires on the driver's side. I bought it for $80 and sold it by the pound for $220! Had lots of fun loading it on my trailer too!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I was living with a lady in Biloxi MS who had had her car stolen 8 months before. She cried daily for her Hoda car. One day there was a notice rec'd in the mail telling her that her vehicle was being sold at police auction in Ocean SPrings, just a few milse away. So we went thinking maybe to buy her precious car back. We brought $1000 in cash. SHe looked around and informed me that her car wasn't there among the rest. We walked all the around and finally found it in a crumpled up pile not 12 inches between the front and rear tires on the driver's side. I bought it for $80 and sold it by the pound for $220! Had lots of fun loading it on my trailer too!

the book, Derfish..the book. i want an autographed copy. you are the best storyteller who ever walked the earth.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
derfish, i think here's your chance to buy a new set of wheels :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
you will find out all the useful details after the auction. you aren?t going, that?s for sure.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't want to be anywhere near one of these guys with microphone in hand
trying to sell/ auction off anything.
I'm getting a headache just thinking about how loud it will be.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I couldn't agree with you more. I don't want to be anywhere near one of these guys with microphone in hand trying to sell
anything. I'm getting a headache just thinking about how loud it will be.

you are not going because you are not going to know the date. that is given out on a need to know basis, and only politicos and their concubines need to know.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
you are not going because you are not going to know the date. that is given out on a need to know basis, and only politicos and their concubines need to know.

Not the slightest bit of interested in any of the aforementioned.

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
Nice ride!
maybe the confiscation is subject to fines, and the owners just do not have the ready cash. i cannot tell how many cars i bought in NYC because the owners parked them illegally, and could not come up with the towing and storage fees. my best haul was a brand new Aprilia RSV Mille R, which was worth 14,000 dollars, which i scooped up for 3500.