Robbery main road Sosua Abajo

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I hope for the poor Dominican (tug) that he did not pick some H.A. from Cabarete.... Just saying, by looking at the kind of bike... ha ha ha...

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I hope for the poor Dominican (tug) that he did not pick some H.A. from Cabarete.... Just saying, by looking at the kind of bike... ha ha ha...
if they got a good look at his face, he is in big trouble..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ahh, a guns N roses Fan ?

kinda. and trying to convert our two nieces to rock music too. :laugh:

on a more on topic note, this is a line that often pops to my head in DR when i read local news...

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

I hope it WAS one of those Hells Angels losers, they are constantly screaming around on those loud motorcycles begging for attention. My sympathy would not be for the Dominican thief but for the Hells Azzhole. The Dominican thief can handle himself and undoubtedly has a better network of gangsters than some pot bellied washed up biker dic

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Local police know who does what in these communities. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
With such high paying salaries, they often live in the same neighborhoods as these criminals. People
have to eat and everyone feels they are entitled to a piece of the pie.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I hope it WAS one of those Hells Angels losers, they are constantly screaming around on those loud motorcycles begging for attention. My sympathy would not be for the Dominican thief but for the Hells Azzhole. The Dominican thief can handle himself and undoubtedly has a better network of gangsters than some pot bellied washed up biker dic

wait... i gave you a thank you by mistake..

oh, never mind...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have no idea why these medievals at the media outlets believe we cannot read the articles without the presence of the bachate in the foreground.

this is a sister site of a radio station in POP, hence the music.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016

If that's the case, the cockroaches are eating the silverfish. How perfect is that.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Here is the Difference though..
One of them Bikers hits you, he wont leave you bleeding out in the middle of the Street, in fact he will go back to Cabarete, get $5,000 cash faster than you could ever get it from your own Bank, and make sure the Doctors stitch you up, and save your life, especially if its HIS fault..

The Dominican, will drive off, and maybe pick your pockets just before he does , while you take your last breath..

and that aint fantasy.. that there is REAL talk..
so them "pot bellied washed up Bikers" , they kinda get a PASS, in my book..

sorry if this is in any way off topic..

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
The article says in August they were robbed on the Malecon. I don't carry much on me when i walk around the malecon or city. Just enough for beer and food, and hide my ride back to the hotel money in a secret pocket. :cool:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Purse snatching

an old trick , long forgotten in NYC - where it was rampant for a while.

My daughter has had her purse Invaded (not snatched) in Rome & NYC
It happens everywhere........

Ever notice how many women wear their purse under their jackets ?

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
HA never ride a motorcycle without colors, against the rules. can't even get in a truck with them on.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

If this is true: "los despojan de cadena de oro", then in my opinion it was equally their own fault. They were either inexperienced as tourists/travelers or just did not think too much...

You don?t wear any fancy stuff in a 3rd world country nor will you try to be the center of attention. That?s one of the most basic rules of traveling.

It?s not right to get robbed, but as with any risks, you have to play along in managing them.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
HA never ride a motorcycle without colors, against the rules. can't even get in a truck with them on.

Not true anymore because of the new laws back home. Many of the foreign HA here do not wear their colours while riding....the Santo Domingo Chapter have to.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

And here we have another "tough guy" hiding behind his keyboard.