Samsung phone guru needed in Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I have a Samsung phone, model # GT-S7390E that I have somehow managed to royally mess up. I started getting msgs that it was getting full and I needed to get rid of some apps for storage space and....well, let's just say my decisions were perhaps not the most informed.

Any geeks/gurus out there willing to help? I will gladly buy you lunch for your troubles!

Jul 28, 2014
You can always try the guys in the shop buy the corner of Pedro Clisante and Dr.Rosen, They are on Pedro as you are heading East (to La Pulga direction) just past the corner I just mentioned, they have a Blackberry awning on the store but deal in multiple phone types...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have a Samsung phone, model # GT-S7390E that I have somehow managed to royally mess up. I started getting msgs that it was getting full and I needed to get rid of some apps for storage space and....well, let's just say my decisions were perhaps not the most informed.

Any geeks/gurus out there willing to help? I will gladly buy you lunch for your troubles!

send a pm to Robert of DR1. he is Samsung fanboy.

oh, jeez. if he reads this he might ban me..

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am happy to help over GOOGLE messenger, I have a Samsung Galaxy VI.
You just need to go into the APPS icon , it will list all of the installed apps, and give you the option to uninstall.

A more long term solution, is order a mini sd card from Amazon, to add 32GB storage to your phone. That phone has a very limited storage capacity of 4GB, it needs to be brought to the 21st century with more storage!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1sg949swp6_b

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I am certified IPhone Apple and Samsung repairman. IPAD and ipod just for info Tamorista gave you good advice.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Tku

Thank you all for the very good suggestions. I'm not going to do it myself because that's what got me into trouble in the first place. I think I'm going with the enhanced SIM.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
At the Orange plaza behind the Orange store there was and maybe still is a shop who unlocked
phones who probably could help you. Nice guys, good work, inexpensive.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You can always try the guys in the shop buy the corner of Pedro Clisante and Dr.Rosen, They are on Pedro as you are heading East (to La Pulga direction) just past the corner I just mentioned, they have a Blackberry awning on the store but deal in multiple phone types...

There are some transactions that I just need to do in English. How much Ingles do they have? I will probably trot over there tomorrow. Thank you.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
There are some transactions that I just need to do in English. How much Ingles do they have? I will probably trot over there tomorrow. Thank you.

The shop has moved down the street 100 yards past Banca Santa Cruz. On the right side you will find a plaza after the banks parking lot, the shop is located in the middle. The guy is German and speaks perfect English. You can buy a memory card in there, then ask him to check the problem you have. Just don't go there around lunch hour when it's busy, try early in the morning.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

If you want to save money and time (and don't care to lose info inside the phone, like pics, etc perhaps because you have backed up everything important) you can probably just do a factory reset. It is really easy to do from the menus. If you no longer can get to the menus, then you can do it by pressing two keys at the same time for certain time. The specific details depend on your phone model (often you press the power and the volume-down keys simultaneously for 30 secs or so). You can probably find it with google or in your users manual (which you can also find with google).

Factory reset means the phone will be like the first day you bought it. All data you have added since you bought it will be deleted, as well as apps you have installed, pics you have taken, etc.

Then again, you are supposed to back up anything important in your phone, if for no other reason, that you can lose the phone at any time (stolen, lost, irreparably damaged, etc) . Perhaps you already have (even accidentally by choosing the option that syncs everything with google, even if you didn't know you did).

Depending on what it is, a technician may have to do exactly the same. But perhaps s/he may be able to recover some of your data (if you din't back it up).

Good luck.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you want to save money and time (and don't care to lose info inside the phone, like pics, etc perhaps because you have backed up everything important) you can probably just do a factory reset. It is really easy to do from the menus. If you no longer can get to the menus, then you can do it by pressing two keys at the same time for certain time. The specific details depend on your phone model (often you press the power and the volume-down keys simultaneously for 30 secs or so). You can probably find it with google or in your users manual (which you can also find with google).

Factory reset means the phone will be like the first day you bought it. All data you have added since you bought it will be deleted, as well as apps you have installed, pics you have taken, etc.

Then again, you are supposed to back up anything important in your phone, if for no other reason, that you can lose the phone at any time (stolen, lost, irreparably damaged, etc) . Perhaps you already have (even accidentally by choosing the option that syncs everything with google, even if you didn't know you did).

Depending on what it is, a technician may have to do exactly the same. But perhaps s/he may be able to recover some of your data (if you din't back it up).

Good luck.

Why would you need to perform a factory re-set, when all it may need is more data capacity, and an sd card may solve this issue for $10?

Furthermore, she can transfer everything on the phone to a hard drive on a desktop, and not lose it.....SHEEESH.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Why would you need to perform a factory re-set, when all it may need is more data capacity, and an sd card may solve this issue for $10?

Furthermore, she can transfer everything on the phone to a hard drive on a desktop, and not lose it.....SHEEESH.
So, do you know what she means by "to royally mess up"?
I don't, but from the tenor of the post, it may well mean that the phone is a big mess and nothing seems to work, any more. She may not even be able to get to the main screen. Obviously in that case, transferring stuff from the phone to anywhere else is out of the question.

In such case, the only solution is a "hard" factory reset (by pressing buttons). If the user has previously backed up her stuff (synced with google or whatever), in minutes the phone could be back in operation with none or minimal data loss. If the user hasn't, obviously the situation is much worse. But the phone would be back in operation anyhow (with or without data loss).

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
So, do you know what she means by "to royally mess up"?
I don't, but from the tenor of the post, it may well mean that the phone is a big mess and nothing seems to work, any more. She may not even be able to get to the main screen. Obviously in that case, transferring stuff from the phone to anywhere else is out of the question.

In such case, the only solution is a "hard" factory reset (by pressing buttons). If the user has previously backed up her stuff (synced with google or whatever), in minutes the phone could be back in operation with none or minimal data loss. If the user hasn't, obviously the situation is much worse. But the phone would be back in operation anyhow (with or without data loss).

Stop talking about "she"and ask me. I am the "she" in question. PM may be better?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

Good luck.

I DO that. I have experience with techie guys. I made bad choices in deleting apps. And that's the royal squeeze