Claro replaced my modem/router, can't change WIFI Channel

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
The new modem WIFI combination HUAWEI Model hg532E, Also known AS TALK TALK. The problem is the WIFI channel needs to be changed.
Surrounding WIFI's are stepping all over it. I can log in and display everything but it does not offer a pull down
to change the channel or any settings. Researched on followed several different ideas, none worked. My guess is Claro
does not want you to change any settings. Any idea how to get around this rather then spending a day on the phone with Claro.
Also, the ethernet works as usual. thanks

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I dumped my Claro modem/router because they lock out so many features.
Like the ability to put in your own choice of DNS servers.

If you use MagicJack, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work.

A friend of mine was using one of my OBi200's for Voip and it was working fine, then one day it stopped. Fortunately the OBi200 has the option of entering DNS servers, I did that and it worked fine ever since. No more Claro cutting off on their whim.

I dumped my Claro modem/router for a TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+, Model #TD-W8951ND $1,265 RD at Cecomsa. That's less then $28 U.S.

Well worth the investment!

Also, another feature is I don't have to use Claro's 10.0.0.1 IP settings for devices, I can choose my own.

I checked and I am able to change the channel with the TP-Link Modem/Router as shown in attached image.

25qc1ed.jpg

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks everyone, Just tried the SN / SN didn't like that I can get in with the generic but have no idea of the true Admin login. Thanks again, will try more ideas.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
The new modem WIFI combination HUAWEI Model hg532E, Also known AS TALK TALK. The problem is the WIFI channel needs to be changed.
Surrounding WIFI's are stepping all over it. I can log in and display everything but it does not offer a pull down
to change the channel or any settings. Researched on followed several different ideas, none worked. My guess is Claro
does not want you to change any settings. Any idea how to get around this rather then spending a day on the phone with Claro.
Also, the ethernet works as usual. thanks

You can also plug another wifi AP into it, and simply use that for all your DHCP needs. That will also let you move the second AP around as you move, and your SSID and password don't need to be changed in your devices.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You can also plug another wifi AP into it, and simply use that for all your DHCP needs. That will also let you move the second AP around as you move, and your SSID and password don't need to be changed in your devices.

Claro replaced my modem last spring. I had already installed my own router, so the tech simply installed the modem without changing the router setup. No problems at all.

Feb 7, 2007
It is NOT Serial Nmber / Serial Number.

It IS MAC address/ MAC address

You are right. I have the number save don my computer and it was without :s so I assumed it was serial number. Did not think of looking at it at the modem though. So yes it is MAC/MAC.