Hair Salon

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Have anyone know about this and is it true DR's salon or just name itself for fun? It's in Buffalo, NY:

20160203_111910.jpg

Let me know

Thanks

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
There are two Dominican Salon's close to my home office in Tampa Florida. This is very common...

Aug 6, 2006
Dominicanas are known to be experts in hair, especially hair straightening (desrizado). The name means that if you speak Spanish, someone inside will be able to understand you.
As a rule, Black American women do not tend to be bilingual. White beauticians are not noted for their hair straightening talents. So it is a pretty good name for the salon.
And yes, I know there are exceptions to all general statements.

Here in Miami barber shops specialize in straight hair and kinky hair. But if there is a Dominican behind the chair, they can do it all, and better and for less than the Hair Cuttery and other mall joints..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It does not have an 829 or 809 Area code
How Legit could it possibly be ??

LOL

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Salons

All I know is you can walk into a Dominican salon with hair like Bruce Willis and come out looking like Rapunzel.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Have anyone know about this and is it true DR's salon or just name itself for fun? It's in Buffalo, NY:

20160203_111910.jpg

Let me know

Thanks

There should a Dominican community in Buffalo.

I do not get the question?

Aug 6, 2006
There are surely some Dominicanas in Buffalo.
I bet they are feeling very chilly about now.

Dominicanas are very good at doing hair, and they are justifiably proud of their talents. They could turn Angela Davis into Farrah Fawcett if they had the chance.
A woman walks in with a tremendo paj?n and walks out with the hair of a Mescalero Apache.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
has one bad review in 2013

Send feedback

Reviews

Jasmine B.04/14/2013

I wish I could leave 0 stars. Horrible service, waiting 2 1/2 hours and had to leave because I could not wait any longer! If you want to go here make sure you leave your WHOLE day open!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I see those types of signage everywhere here in Broward. Many Dom salons here. Bear in mind, that English is not their first language.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
There are surely some Dominicanas in Buffalo.
I bet they are feeling very chilly about now.

Dominicanas are very good at doing hair, and they are justifiably proud of their talents. They could turn Angela Davis into Farrah Fawcett if they had the chance.
A woman walks in with a tremendo paj?n and walks out with the hair of a Mescalero Apache.

But the female hair doers in this country will not cut a man's hair, or maybe just a white guy's hair, I don't know, but they always send me to the gay barber down the street. From Colombia to Panama to Mexico and everywhere in between they are all proud to do Unisex hair cutting, but not here.
Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
But the female hair doers in this country will not cut a man's hair, or maybe just a white guy's hair, I don't know, but they always send me to the gay barber down the street. From Colombia to Panama to Mexico and everywhere in between they are all proud to do Unisex hair cutting, but not here.
Der Fish

wrong Derf...

just your hair they won't touch.... my girls are all good

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I've had good cuts from the females in Sosua's salons. And the ambient: bachata, ron, nice ...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Der Fish

The last time we were introduced you were bald?
Why would you need a hair cut?

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
There should a Dominican community in Buffalo.

I do not get the question?

I did not either

I didn't get it either. FYI - 1) there is a Dominican community in Buffalo, NY. I have friends up there; 2) Nassau, NY (Freeport, Baldwin, Uniondale area) is full of Dominican rest and hair salons. Dominicans, Hatians and Jamaicans ladies love Dominicans beauty salons; 3) this place is in BUF. This another Dom hair salon not too far from this one 'Dominican Hair Salon New Touch Of Elegance'.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
People,

The reason I posted to find out if THERE is an active Dominicans here in Buffalo, that's all.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Dominicans are everywhere. Lowell, MA, fercrissakes. I am certain there must be a Dominican community in Buffalo. Shuffle off to....