Jarabacoa to be Caribbean?s first pollution-free town

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Jarabacoa to be Caribbean?s first pollution-free town

Jarabacoa-to-be-Caribbean%E2%80%99s-first-pollution-free-town.jpeg

Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic.- A meeting where professionals and residents of the highland town join forces to make Jarabacoa a pollution-free community will be hosted by the Fernando Arturo de Meri?o Agroforestry at Pinar Dorado Hotel University next Thursday.

In the heels of the agreement reached at the recent summit in France, 195 countries aim to fight global warming to keep it ?well below 2 degrees above pre-industrial levels.?

This initiative is being adopted throughout Latin America and the Caribbean now begins in Jarabacoa, where meeting aims to issue a document to join ?wills? and identify the sources of environmental pollution, deforestation, soil degradation and loss of water resources and greenhouse gas emissions.

In an emailed document, the UAFAM said the document signatories will pledge to work to analyze the needs to mitigate and adapt to climate change to protect the municipality?s productive activities.

?Faced with the challenge of climate change we need to make a commitment to cooperative action according to our abilities, skills and agree to carry out activities to make Jarabacoa the Caribbean?s first pollution free, sustainable, resilient and adapted to climate change,? said UAFAM Climate Change Dept. director Jose Antonio Nu?ez.

The environmentalist added that ecosystem degradation and altered weather patterns ?pose a clear risk? to the planet?s population.

Source: DT

Feb 9, 2016

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I don't want to sound negative but I will believe it when I see it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well, I wish them luck. It is ****ing against the wind, or rather the sun. If they do actions that mitigate or stop deforestation, water pollution, and garbage in the streets they will have really accomplished something. No need to identify sources of pollution...etc. They are in plain sight.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't worry, it is just lip service to the carbon credit nonsense.

Just keep an eye on who makes money on these scams.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Does that mean all vehicles will be prohibited in Jarabacoa?

That's probably the major source of pollution in this country.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Chinese plant millions of trees a year, and have made serious attempts to improve air and water quality but with their population and years of unregulated heavy industries, have huge barriers to overcome.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does that mean all vehicles will be prohibited in Jarabacoa?

That's probably the major source of pollution in this country.

An immediate ban on all 2 stroke motorcycles and 1991 Toyota Corollas.

Like that would happen.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
hahhaaha well even if its only partially successful I guess its a good thing. we are always going to have pollution.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
an immediate ban on anyone who is not related to bob saunders. BAM! solved.