Solar panels - excess power to the grid

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Hi,
If I put an on grid solar system in, i.e. panels and a box to connect them to the local grid (no batteries), how does the crediting back for units generated against those used work?

Ta
Roy

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Hi,
If I put an on grid solar system in, i.e. panels and a box to connect them to the local grid (no batteries), how does the crediting back for units generated against those used work?

Did you try asking whoever sold you the panels? They should know, or at least know whom to ask. Obviously it's a selling point for their technology.

Anyway, I don't know the details, but it is DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.

I just did very basic google search, and found out that:

The Dominican Republic's net metering scheme... went into effect in June 2011. Commercial and residential photovoltaic projects under the program currently account for about 6 MW in the country, according to Enrique Ramirez, president of the country's National Energy Commission.
::::
Sofos Dominicana, a subsidiary of Spanish group Sofos Energia, built the $700,000 266.56 kWp turnkey plant atop the Hotel Dominican Fiesta in the capital city. The plant employs 1,088 245 Wp polycrystaline panels made by Germany's Sch?co and 34 7 kW SMA inverters.

The Dominican Republic, along with Mexico, is one of the Latin American countries with the highest volume of photovoltaic net metering. In Mexico, more than 10 MW have been installed under the country's program.

HERE you can find the rest. Obviously, the scheme is working.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If there is net metering in the location where those panels are installed, then it could work.

Where is the proposed installation?

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
If you plan on getting paid for your solar contribution to the grid. you better install them on the MOON!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
While that is the document that governs net metering, it is still critical to know if net metering is available where you want to install the panels.

james

Jan 14, 2002
I know in Sosua-Cabarete area its avaialable. SOLARWAVE Company has done some. They are located on opposite corner fron Caribe Tours office on main highway, where the stoplights are to exit Charamicos.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I know in Sosua-Cabarete area its avaialable. SOLARWAVE Company has done some. They are located on opposite corner fron Caribe Tours office on main highway, where the stoplights are to exit Charamicos.

When i had my company active i was called to the Presidential Palace for A meeting. The Dominican navy wanted some of [Lots of] My equipment i told them my terms of payment 30 days ! They told me their terms of payment. 4 Years if lucky maybe sooner. I told them i could not stay in buisness under those payment terms. They said the meeting was over but advised me i would never get any buisness with the goverment ever. I said thank you and they all put on their black suit coats and sun glasses and everyone left the best of friends !