Gun Question

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Quick Question regarding Guns: I live in Santo Domingo and I understood that the law prohibits anyone to expose a firearm. Now in the last few weeks I see folks with firearms sticking out from the top of their pants/gangster style I may call it. No holster just tucked into the pants.....I see this in stores and restaurants all over....I am not talking about some Ghetto kids going ape....these are adult males. Do I assume they are cops or from some government agency?
I remember when I came here and Hipolito was in power: In front in line at the Bank was a Gentlemen with a huge gun and a baseball cap on....security came and asked him to remove the Cap.....go figure.

But the law changeg since dramatically the way I understand.

Jan 7, 2016
The little fellows with the pieces stuffed down their trousers are notorious for losing one or more testicle or their male member when the firearm discharges indiscriminately...too-bad-so-sad.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
The little fellows with the pieces stuffed down their trousers are notorious for losing one or more testicle or their male member when the firearm discharges indiscriminately...too-bad-so-sad.
They make holsters that go down inside pants. They may be wearing them

potus

Dec 27, 2015
True, but to carry concealed only, not exposed. Just like most laws here, "randumbly" enforced.

Exactly that was how I understood the laws currently.

So, I can assume the gun toting and exhibiting dudes are either breaking the law or are cops or both?
Like cops without a helmet on a bike are taking someones bike away for the same offense.......!?

Sep 4, 2012
Exactly that was how I understood the laws currently.

So, I can assume the gun toting and exhibiting dudes are either breaking the law or are cops or both?
Like cops without a helmet on a bike are taking someones bike away for the same offense.......!?

Is the firearm totally exposed or just happened to get exposed when you looked at it?

At times, even when trying to CC shirts get pulled thus exposing the firearm and as mentioned there are IWB holsters, wearing these might appear as if there is none worn.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I would say most people carry their gun like that.
Get out of the car, stuff it down the front of your jeans......lots of people do that...... i did.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Is the firearm totally exposed or just happened to get exposed when you looked at it?

At times, even when trying to CC shirts get pulled thus exposing the firearm and as mentioned there are IWB holsters, wearing these might appear as if there is none worn.

I see them carry it on the side, the hip. You can see the entire handle.......Shirts tucked in....one incident was yesterday at the dry cleaner....same exact thing. This took place only yards from the Presidential Residence in Cacicasgos so I assumed he might be security related.......or insane!

Last edited:

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I have never noticed it, but then I do not habitually look at other men wondering what they have in their trousers.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I have never noticed it, but then I do not habitually look at other men wondering what they have in their trousers.

Well, it is mostly the kids that notice, and they do ask concerned questions as I do here.
Also this guns are not little 9mm...they look like cannons to me....I am not very knowledgable on the subject...never fired a gun in my life....Being on the subject....I am a knife guy.....I trust a knife much m,ore than all else....what are the laws on carrying a concealed knife in public? Does anyone know the law?

Sep 4, 2012
I see them carry it on the side, the hip. You can see the entire handle.......Shirts tucked in....one incident was yesterday at the dry cleaner....same exact thing. This took place only yards from the Presidential Residence in Cacicasgos so I assumed he might be security related.......or insane!

Likely PN members of the security detail for Danilo.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Well, sometimes it happened to get exposed when I get off the car in front of the EPS office just a few yards from the Leonel's residence... so what?