vin diesel to film his next movie in pinewood studios

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I was talking to him the last time he was here aat the catamaran, I told him he looked like Vin Diesel and he said everyone tells him that.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha. he seems super simpatico for sure. i remember when he was here to film some other movie, he went out to eat pica pollo on the street and he was very approachable and down to earth. i like his movies too. cool guy.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In yesterday's DR1 News:

Dominican Pinewood studio picks up two films
A movie starring Vin Diesel, The Return of Xander Cage, will be shot mostly in Toronto, but the production is adding additional filming at Pinewood Studios in Juan Dolio, about 40 minutes east of Santo Domingo.
According to a statement, it will be using the studio's eight-acre Horizon water tank and Pinewood will also provide production services for the film.
In the movie government operative Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) is coming out of his self-imposed exile and finds himself on a collision course with deadly alpha warrior Xiang and his team in a race to recover a sinister and seemingly unstoppable weapon known as Pandora's Box.
The studio says that the film will feature some of the most mindblowing stunts ever seen on film. Last week, Netflix announced plans to use Pinewood DR to film a new action comedy series.
http://www.kftv.com/news/2016/02/15/vin-diesels-xxx-sequel-swaps-philippines-for-dominican-republic

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I felt bad for him when he got victimized about 10 years ago after filming one of the car chase movies. After having been protected by military, a pistol was discovered in his luggage at the airport. No facts beyond that were reported in the press but I assume some cash changed hands just before he was allowed to board his flight.

ha ha ha. he seems super simpatico for sure. i remember when he was here to film some other movie, he went out to eat pica pollo on the street and he was very approachable and down to earth. i like his movies too. cool guy.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
On my flight to POP, the guy I was sitting next too said he was one of Vin Diesels stunt doubles for the movie (for skateboarding stunts). He kept rubbing his head. Said his long-time shoulder length hair had all been shaved off just before he left Seattle.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
good to here there is continued intrest in making movies on the Island.

Vin D shows DR lots of love! but, he really f ed up on the xxx franchise, dumb move not doing #2, Ice cube didn't do it for me. Vin D might not be able to do the same again for xxx 3 , time will tell.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
good to here there is continued intrest in making movies on the Island.

Vin D shows DR lots of love! but, he really f ed up on the xxx franchise, dumb move not doing #2, Ice cube didn't do it for me. Vin D might not be able to do the same again for xxx 3 , time will tell.

i feel the same way...i think a very good friend of him is from Los Minas, there are plenty pictures of him hanging arround that barrio everywhere.