Dominican Communications.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
it appears that the Danilo boys were reprimanded by the JCE for using social media like Twitter to promote their campaign. this is the response from the Communications Department of the Presidency

"We at the Presidency Communications Department humbly accept the ruling of the Central Electoral Board. We do it with all humility, if this is understood as a mistake, we must admit it was a mistake, as understood. We understand it was not, but if the Board understood it as such we accept in all humility and with all the discipline, because in the midst of an electoral process and ahead of elections that will take place on May 15, all of us the citizens seek the strength and prestige of the court to deliberate, to organize the administrative process, in this case the JCE and also the Superior Electoral Tribunal."

if you guys and dolls can figure this out, and explain it to me, i would appreciate it.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
it appears that the Danilo boys were reprimanded by the JCE for using social media like Twitter to promote their campaign.
I cannot see the objection to using Twitter. It is free, and one area where there is a level playing field between the two large parties and all the little ones.

They should worry more about the millions the PLD are embezzling from public funds to promote their campaign. We have had the same advert on TV ten times a night for a month now.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I cannot see the objection to using Twitter. It is free, and one area where there is a level playing field between the two large parties and all the little ones.

They should worry more about the millions the PLD are embezzling from public funds to promote their campaign. We have had the same advert on TV ten times a night for a month now.

london, i agree with you 100%. you must, however, remember where you are.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's not about twitter as such, really. it's about the fact that the twitter account of presidencia de la republica was used to promote the campaign. the decision of JCE was about the use of social accounts of the state and government figures in political campaign. the story is here: http://zdigital.do/app/article.aspx?id=178196