interpol kicks out 5 more gringos

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I wonder if Interpol is acting alone or under the direction of the PN?

interpol has moles all over tourists areas. The informants keep track on who is who in resort areas. Many criminals get drunk and start talking in bars. The informants are there to listen in.
AZB

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I had an Interpol man rent a room in my house for several years , he was an highly educated spaniard with wonderful computer abilities and great company . The trail he followed was not one of moles but coperation from the DR police. He was armed with all the official paperwork for an arrest and extradition . . He had numerous contacts in the Dominican police and whether or not they had civilian assistance I do not know , but my guest could access endless cross border information, I think that was the reason for success.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the work of interpol in DR is stunningly good. there are also reps from few other police forces from all over the world here. good relationship and successful too.

Sep 4, 2012
I wonder if Interpol is acting alone or under the direction of the PN?

They can't act alone on a sovereign country, of course they have the blessings from the government and authorities to work along based on international laws and treaties. Do you believe embassies are there just to issue visas?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this page has more info: http://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/Americas/Dominican-Republic

INTERPOL Santo Domingo
La Oficina Central Nacional (OCN) de INTERPOL en la Rep?blica Dominicana ocupa una parte del Palacio de la Polic?a Nacional Dominicana y consta de siete grandes secciones:
Oficina del Encargado de la OCN;
Oficina del Sub-Encargado de la OCN;
?rea de C?mputos de la OCN;
?rea Administrativa de la OCN;
?rea de Operaciones de la OCN;
?rea de Investigaciones de la OCN;
?rea de Vigilancia de la OCN.
El personal de INTERPOL Santo Domingo est? integrado por 38 miembros, repartidos entre la OCN y las diferentes secciones desplegadas por todo el territorio nacional.
Gracias al trabajo de INTERPOL Santo Domingo, responsable del despliegue en el territorio dominicano del sistema de informaci?n de INTERPOL (I-24/7), los diversos aeropuertos, la Direcci?n General de Migraci?n y la Canciller?a de la Rep?blica Dominica disponen de acceso directo a las bases de datos policiales de INTERPOL. La OCN tiene el proyecto de ampliar el acceso a dicho sistema al Ministerio de Interior y a la Polic?a, a la Direcci?n Central de Investigaciones (DNI) y a los puestos de control fronterizos (situados a lo largo de la frontera con Hait?).

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Oh, that's interesting, I met the German guys from Interpol last week in the capital, I was wondering what they were here for.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Everyone is welcome to discuss the meaning of the term "gringo" in the Spanish 101 forum, not here.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://hoy.com.do/preocupa-negocios-extranjeros-extraditados-sigan-operando-rd/

It would appear from the above report that an interest is being taken in the business and other assets of foreigners deported following Interpol investigations.

More than 90 foreigners sought by Interpol have been extradited in the past three years, leaving in the country business millionaires of illegal origin, that continue to operate in the hands of other people because you are not undermined its assets

The majority of them are European citizens fugitives from justice in their respective countries, who settled in the Dominican Republic where installed tourism businesses in Bavaro; dealers, Call Center, restaurants and other, some in association with Dominicans.