What do you make out of this?

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I've been following the news on how Candelier is handling his new position and I must say that I'm impressed! However, I'm still a little skeptical about all that's going on. I have always wanted my country to be an example as far as following the law. What do you guys think about what's going on? He says that the priviledges that some people have had is over with. Do you guys think that what he says will really be implemented? I really hope things start to really change. It's only for the best. Let me know what's your take on this.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Candelier is a dictator

I think he did a good job finishing off all the criminals who participated in violent crimes by wiping them out with the unbelievable excuse of "killed in exchange off gunfire."

But why transfer this fear to the general public? People are being arrested for jaywalking, talking on a cellphones whilst driving, speeding, not having your Revista to the day and bribing a cop. What is the DR coming to? A police state. Everything in the past could be solved with a few pesos but not anymore. One has to look over their sholder all the time now. Candelier reminds me of Trullijo in some ways...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Some of what he is soing is greatly appreciated by sensible people.

Yet, he is violating the Constitution and his own work rules (that is the rules that outline what the AMET is supposed to be doing), when he talks about closing places that serve dirnks to drivers.

There are laws like this on the books in the states, but they are laws that establish culpability in cases where drunken drivers injure themselves and third parties. The prosecuter tries to prove that the bartender knew that the person was impaired, yet he was served additional alcohol. But these rules are not on the books here.

I think the guy probably knows how to make the local population sit up and take notice of what the behavior of a civil population is supposed to be like.

Let's give him a chance and see how long he lasts in this post.
I can't see him having an exchange of gunfire with traffic offenders. At least not yet!!

HB