Haitians. attention Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Could you start a thread about relations between Haitians and Dominicans. For some of us ex-pats it is awfully difficult to know and to learn
more about this subject in my adopted country. I have met quite a lot of Haitians and don't dislike any of them, why then the antipathy?
For example; who, what, and why is this Amici family about whom I only ever hear snippets.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
673.gif

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
A casual Internet search will yield a comprehensive accounting of the social and political history of Dominican/Haitian relations.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013

Okay, I am so confused. I saw the gif, embedded in the comment when I first came to this thread. I logged in and was going to ask you how you did that, and after I logged in, the comment is only showing a link. It's no longer in embedded gif?

So confused. Why can't I see it now? ANd, how do I do that?

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
Okay, I am so confused. I saw the gif, embedded in the comment when I first came to this thread. I logged in and was going to ask you how you did that, and after I logged in, the comment is only showing a link. It's no longer in embedded gif?

So confused. Why can't I see it now? ANd, how do I do that?

right click and save to your computer. if you can't see it try and clean both temp folders on your computer. and reopen

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Nope. If I am logged in, all I see is a link. If I log out, I see the embedded gif in the comment

I've always wondered why sometimes I see them, and sometime I don't. And, I have tried it on two different computers. Works the same on both. My work computer is a PC, and my personal is a Mac. They are sitting right next to each other.

Look http://imgur.com/a/lhucd

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Is this thread going just a little off topic?

Fine. It's probably the Haitians fault I can't see the .gif when I am logged in, because, according to my ex-gardener, they all have AIDS.

Are we back on track now?

lionofjudah

Nov 24, 2014
Fine. It's probably the Haitians fault I can't see the .gif when I am logged in, because, according to my ex-gardener, they all have AIDS.

Are we back on track now?

Wow! All Haitians have AIDS... You guys hate Haitian that much...

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I would be interested to read more about the original topic. I have more or less assumed the relationship was similar to the way we mentally gifted folk in New England look at the mentally challenged folk from Texas.

(I'm also trying to get up to 500 posts :) )

Sep 4, 2012
Nope. If I am logged in, all I see is a link. If I log out, I see the embedded gif in the comment

I've always wondered why sometimes I see them, and sometime I don't. And, I have tried it on two different computers. Works the same on both. My work computer is a PC, and my personal is a Mac. They are sitting right next to each other.

Look http://imgur.com/a/lhucd

DR1
Forum Actions
General Settings

2qvctpy.jpg

Follow this above after you are logged in, you should able to see the pic embedded w/o any links. Credit goes to bigbird, he/she posted it in another subject.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I would be interested to read more about the original topic. I have more or less assumed the relationship was similar to the way we mentally gifted folk in New England look at the mentally challenged folk from Texas.

(I'm also trying to get up to 500 posts :) )

More visceral then that. Listening to my Dominicano gardener talk about Haitians, was the first time I had actually seen first hand, real racism. Not, "ha ha, Mexicans are lazy", but he actually thought of them as lesser beings, or animals. He said they all have AIDS, and are disgusting and stupid, lazy and are going to ruin the DR if the come. It was rather eye opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.