Can someone post link to DR holidays 2016

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I am sure it is easy, but I can't get the search function to show me where is the link to DR holidays 2016.

Thanks.

I am looking to avoid Semana Santa : )

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Google - Semana Santa 2016

Yes. I googled easter, and it gets confused because they want to be smart and cite two different calendars, and two different dates. I was pretty sure Easter this year is on March 27, but I also wanted to save the whole calendar. It is helpful for many events. I have it saved on a different computer that I think is in the US now. Cheers.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yes. I googled easter, and it gets confused because they want to be smart and cite two different calendars, and two different dates. I was pretty sure Easter this year is on March 27, but I also wanted to save the whole calendar. It is helpful for many events. I have it saved on a different computer that I think is in the US now. Cheers.

Just for future reference I find Google a million times better than the search function on DR1 especially for general DR information. You can do a Goggle search for Dominican Republic Holidays 2016 with great results.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks. The calendar is frequently helpful. To know/or guess when businesses will be closed, for example. And to avoid some of the busiest/most drunken holidays : )

it's gonna be a long weekend fueled with booze. usually the fun begins on thursday when people start to leave for the seaside all the way to monday, when they come back. friday is free for most. traffic will move towards the coast on thursday and friday and then towards the interior on sunday and monday.

stay safe, ya'll.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Just for future reference I find Google a million times better than the search function on DR1 especially for general DR information. You can do a Goggle search for Dominican Republic Holidays 2016 with great results.

Ah, now I get it. I don't know why the DR1 search function won't just show me the link. I sometimes have trouble with it finding things I know exist. Not always, but something like this makes no sense. DR1 publishes the calendar each year, in English.

I don't think of Google when I want to find something on DR1. But now I will. Thanks.