Is Barcelo Dominican Beach Closing?

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
Their calendar with availability ends on April 2nd. From that day forward there is no availability for the rest of the year and into next year.
Very odd.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
I thought renovations myself, but to not be done with renovations in time for the high season Feb 2017? That's nuts.

Jan 9, 2004
Their calendar with availability ends on April 2nd. From that day forward there is no availability for the rest of the year and into next year.
Very odd.

Barcelo Dominican Beach and Barcelo Bavaro Beach have been purchased by Sunscape and will be re-branded.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
Well I can only wish that they have access to enough sand to restore the beach and I in the mean time. the other adjoining properties. Also the three rows of palm trees that have been lost. The last time they tried- guests pulled out the transplants so that they could put their chairs in the little bit of sun that reaches the beach.

Jan 7, 2016
They're gonna have to bust their hump to get those places up to 5 star quality before December 2016...think they might be a little optimistic about their timeline...There are a lot of upgrades that will have to be done to make those facilities 5 star.

Jan 9, 2004
They're gonna have to bust their hump to get those places up to 5 star quality before December 2016...think they might be a little optimistic about their timeline...There are a lot of upgrades that will have to be done to make those facilities 5 star.

Relax....it's 5 Dominican stars.....that wont take long at all.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

every Dominican hotel is 5 stars, as long as it has flush toilets...

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Stay at my resort in Playa Dorada. $40 a day.[/QUOday
Whatdo you get for 40 dollars a day at do

Puerta Plata Village in Playa Dorada. I get villa suite free and pay $40 a day for AI. It's a three star but the food is good, the beach is decent. The booze is typical Brugal low end stuff. I get Bohemia in membership. Anyone staying under my membership get the same privileges as me. Separate dining area, pool sunning area, and villa suite. Beach is across the raid and they have a shuttle to take you there. Beach has bar and dining area. Two ala carte restaurants, Italian and Mexican.

Non members still at $40 a day but get a regular room and no membership privileges.

Usually quiet during the day as everyone goes to the beach. A bit busy on the weekends when Domincan families stay there.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Puerta Plata Village in Playa Dorada. I get villa suite free and pay $40 a day for AI. It's a three star but the food is good, the beach is decent. The booze is typical Brugal low end stuff. I get Bohemia in membership. Anyone staying under my membership get the same privileges as me. Separate dining area, pool sunning area, and villa suite. Beach is across the raid and they have a shuttle to take you there. Beach has bar and dining area. Two ala carte restaurants, Italian and Mexican.

Non members still at $40 a day but get a regular room and no membership privileges.

Usually quiet during the day as everyone goes to the beach. A bit busy on the weekends when Domincan families stay there.

I am jealous ecoman. God bless you in paradise!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

That's a long drive from Bavaro, isn't it?

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015

Ummm that doesn't help me much when I am talking about walking across the street.

I guess Vista Sol and their $45 day pass will have to do

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015

The last time I stayed there was the first time that I felt like I was staying in a college dorm since I was staying in a college dorm.