nickelodeon resort to open in punta cana in may 2016

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
They are hiring now. Someone I know has been hired as the entertainment director. He is hiring a team now.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Just another great addition to the upmarket hotel sector ..there is now a very good selection at Punta Cana.the capital and at Playa Grande ..All this has come on superfast in the last 6 to 8 years

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Uvero Alto is becoming the new Punta Cana. I can tell by all the traffic we have up here now on the autopista near Arena Gorda.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Just another great addition to the upmarket hotel sector ..there is now a very good selection at Punta Cana.the capital and at Playa Grande ..All this has come on superfast in the last 6 to 8 years

What is upmarket hotel sector mean?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They where taking reservations for March 1 but that didn't happen. With the pace they are working at May is a bit of a stretch too.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
My family contemplating a visit to the nickelodeon resort punta cana. Any recent experiences or updates appreciated.

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
Uvero Alto is becoming the new Punta Cana. I can tell by all the traffic we have up here now on the autopista near Arena Gorda.

Isn't that a little far from a large international airport to have any rapid tourism growth?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Don't think twice and go. It is brand new and well set up for adults and children. Lots of details to discover and enjoy. The best part is that the main water park is set up for adults + children so the parents and the children can enjoy. Did a tour of the property in April for the Dominican Annual Travel Exchange and liked it so much have recommended it to several friends who in turn have had a great time.

Highly recommended especially if you have a five year old!

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Isn't that a little far from a large international airport to have any rapid tourism growth?

Nickelodeon is on the Uvero Alto northern side of the Punta Cana beach strip... What has made the difference is the new highway that connects the area. That has resulted in the new hotels that have been added or are under construction. Would say it is about a 20 minute drive from the the Punta Cana International Airport.

Jan 9, 2004
My family contemplating a visit to the nickelodeon resort punta cana. Any recent experiences or updates appreciated.

Nickelodeon is quite nice.....and a bit pricey.

Not sure about your family budget and if there are children, but you might also look into Memories Splash...another kids friendly AI with a nice water park.....and less expensive.

Both are good options if you have younger children....just with different price points.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
From the airport parking lot to Uvero Alto is 40 minutes a a reasonable pace. The new hotels in the area are Excellence El Carmen, Nickelodeon, Sensatori, Breathless, Chic. I think there's another one but I forgot the name.
There are also a few under construction.