Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has 2016 been more violent than 2015 so far.

Do you think 2016 in DR has been more violent than 2015 at this same time of the year?? Have you perceived an increase in terms of insecurity in relation to the same time of the year last year?? If yes, why?? If no, also explain why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not where I live. Everything seems exactly the same as last year.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel there has been an increase in the crime rate in Playa Dorada area since last year, although there is an increased police presence here. Prostitution is still very evident especially on the weekends and drug are still prevalent especially around the mall area at night. Other than that, it's still relatively quiet in PD. Puerta Plata, five minutes away is a different story. I'm hearing and reading about more crime there over the past year. Some of the crimes involve naive tourists doing stupid things. Theres been an increase in tourism in PD since last year, so an increase in crime towards them is not unexpected.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally in my neighborhood there had been a growing illegal refugee camp of Haitians right across the street, but the lady who owns our building bought the area and is evicting them so I personally feel safer.
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have fallen two times this year rather badly , not once last year .. and I am not lifting my feet enough .. I suppose that soon someone will see my increased feebleness and will attack me ..it will be the first time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit early in the year to say, isn't it? I feel exactly the same as last year.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Havenīt noticed a difference. Maybe a few more gringo(a)s getting murdered but nothing else stands out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default has 2016 been more violent than 2015 so far

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Havenīt noticed a difference. Maybe a few more gringo(a)s getting murdered but nothing else stands out.
    let's not look down at the "gringos". All of us may become foreigners in a new country with a future that is coming.

My wife's friend was robbed in Gazcue in 2014, and a couple I know were robbed at gunpoint a month ago.

The steeets are much worse, because now the broke cops are down with the criminals. Let's not forget they are all from the same barrios.

Welcome to DR!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

bought same so far.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by businessdr View Post
    let's not look down at the "gringos". All of us may become foreigners in a new country with a future that is coming.

My wife's friend was robbed in Gazcue in 2014, and a couple I know were robbed at gunpoint a month ago.

The steeets are much worse, because now the broke cops are down with the criminals. Let's not forget they are all from the same barrios.

Welcome to DR!
    Look down on gringos?
    How do you muppets come up with this sh*t?