Has 2016 been more violent than 2015 so far.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Do you think 2016 in DR has been more violent than 2015 at this same time of the year?? Have you perceived an increase in terms of insecurity in relation to the same time of the year last year?? If yes, why?? If no, also explain why.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I don't feel there has been an increase in the crime rate in Playa Dorada area since last year, although there is an increased police presence here. Prostitution is still very evident especially on the weekends and drug are still prevalent especially around the mall area at night. Other than that, it's still relatively quiet in PD. Puerta Plata, five minutes away is a different story. I'm hearing and reading about more crime there over the past year. Some of the crimes involve naive tourists doing stupid things. Theres been an increase in tourism in PD since last year, so an increase in crime towards them is not unexpected.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Personally in my neighborhood there had been a growing illegal refugee camp of Haitians right across the street, but the lady who owns our building bought the area and is evicting them so I personally feel safer.
Der Fish

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have fallen two times this year rather badly , not once last year .. and I am not lifting my feet enough .. I suppose that soon someone will see my increased feebleness and will attack me ..it will be the first time.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Haven?t noticed a difference. Maybe a few more gringo(a)s getting murdered but nothing else stands out.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
has 2016 been more violent than 2015 so far

Haven?t noticed a difference. Maybe a few more gringo(a)s getting murdered but nothing else stands out.

let's not look down at the "gringos". All of us may become foreigners in a new country with a future that is coming.

My wife's friend was robbed in Gazcue in 2014, and a couple I know were robbed at gunpoint a month ago.

The steeets are much worse, because now the broke cops are down with the criminals. Let's not forget they are all from the same barrios.

Welcome to DR!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
let's not look down at the "gringos". All of us may become foreigners in a new country with a future that is coming.

My wife's friend was robbed in Gazcue in 2014, and a couple I know were robbed at gunpoint a month ago.

The steeets are much worse, because now the broke cops are down with the criminals. Let's not forget they are all from the same barrios.

Welcome to DR!

Look down on gringos?
How do you muppets come up with this sh*t?