MOPC ups their game

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
good news for the drivers, MOPC will add mobile mechanic units to their fleet...

if you drive in DR you must know by now that there is a free road assistance service covering most of DR. by calling 829 688 1000 you get assistance with small technical problems as well as safety issues.
now the government announced they will add small mobile mechanic units to serve drivers, they will be able to fix the tires and provide other immediate assistance to road users.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...ial-con-mecanicos-y-gomeros-moviles-JE2886803

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
But they should at least carry a gallon of water for over heated radiators. My gua gua heated up near Maimon and one of their trucks stopped and looked the situation over. I had had a half a gallon of water and put it in the radiator before they got there. When they saw I needed water they went and found some close, less than 10 minutes to get it. But isn't that one of the most often problems and shouldn't they have it with them?
Der Fish

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I have heard and experienced nothing but good about these people. One really positive thing in the DR.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
coming back from las terrenas i saw MOPC mobile gomero unit for the first time. they were close to rio san juan, along with an ambulance. that was the same day danilo was on the NC, of course, but MOPC pickups are present on the roads here at all times. i see them parked along the road and few cars just drive around. practically every time i am driving here i see them giving assistance to other drivers. impressive.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
coming back from las terrenas i saw MOPC mobile gomero unit for the first time. they were close to rio san juan, along with an ambulance. that was the same day danilo was on the NC, of course, but MOPC pickups are present on the roads here at all times. i see them parked along the road and few cars just drive around. practically every time i am driving here i see them giving assistance to other drivers. impressive.

My previous post on this thread was a bit on the critical side, but at 70 years old I do not enjoy changing tires any more. I used to stop and change tires along I95 in Florida at least once a week, but I haven't changed a tire since having arrove here in the DR. 3 times MOPC have been there and done it for me for free, the other probably 40 times I have nad a motocyclist or someone younger and more supple help me for 100 pesos. I do appreciate MOPC. I am glad they are here.
Der Fish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
short story of MOPC in DL today. launched in 2012 they offered assistance over 450,000 times. there are 147 patrols composed of 4-6 people. some patrols are mostly stationary, others are always on the move. in some areas the patrol can be dispatched by 911.

for every major occasion like xmas, semana santa, long weekends and national celebrations they do a larger operation to cover more people traveling on dominican roads.

they offer assistance for those with mechanical problems and punctured tires. they carry water for radiators and gasoline so that they can give a driver a gallon or so, enough to get to the nearest station.

MOPC project also has 15 ambulances at their disposal to assist in accidents that end with injuries. each unit is staffed by military trained to offer first aid.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...io-rapido-y-eficiente-para-la-gente-AE4547750

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The single best thing done by the DR government which also has positive benefits on the North Coast.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's completely amazeballs. every time we have a visitor i need to pick up from the airport i show them MOPC pickups. they are always shocked that this service exists here and is completely free of charge.