Canadian killed while riding Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I heard from people familiar with the man, and also with the driver of the car in the accident, that a Canadian who lived near the motocross entrance along the main road in Cabarete was killed in a motorcycle accident while riding his Harley Davidson in the are near Rio San Juan. The story I heard was that the motorcyclist was driving recklessly when the accident occurred between him and a driver that happened to be from Cabarete. The accident allegedly occurred on March 6.

The driver of the car is in custody pending investigations which is normal when there is a death. One reason it is a good idea to have the Casa de Conductor rider on your policy.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I?m not a huge fan of Harley Davidsons but back home they say loud pipes save lives. Obviously this doesn?t apply when
driven recklessly.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
As a biker, I hate to see anyone go down like this. I've ridden that area quite a bit, and I still say that Harleys aren't made for those roads. In fact, there aren't but a few roads in the DR that I'd be comfortable riding a bike that big and heavy on.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They make quite a show when they pass RSJ and environs.....

Hard to miss them... and you're expected to 'step aside'...

CobraBoy always siad they were the wrong bike for the roads here.

Too bad..... Fr/Cdn , I suspect.
They seem to be the Harley crowd in Cabarete..... except for our pal Easton...hehehe

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
To bad he got killed. Easy to get killed on one. I had a Harley from 1969 to 2006. lost many friends. RIP

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
As a biker, I hate to see anyone go down like this. I've ridden that area quite a bit, and I still say that Harleys aren't made for those roads. In fact, there aren't but a few roads in the DR that I'd be comfortable riding a bike that big and heavy on.

Puerto Plata used to have motorcycle cops riding Harleys, I have seen the photos but I think that was in the better cleaner days

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Puerto Plata used to have motorcycle cops riding Harleys, I have seen the photos but I think that was in the better cleaner days

I wonder how long ago that was. Nowadays there are much better choices for the type of road conditions common in the DR

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I wonder how long ago that was. Nowadays there are much better choices for the type of road conditions common in the DR

I will see if I can find pics. I think it was the 50's not pay attention to motors

ok found it were panheads and flat heads. will try and post

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I?m not a huge fan of Harley Davidsons but back home they say loud pipes save lives. Obviously this doesn?t apply when
driven recklessly.
on freeways it does. many people with AC on stereo blasting etc it does. loud pipes stopped at traffic lights does no good except to get looks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Still nothing that I have seen posted officially about this. My information was from knowing people who lived near the dead man, yet did not know his name, and someone else who knew the driver of the car that was in the accident with the deceased.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
loud pipes are on nearly every Dominican moto. How many were "saved"? None. You ride in the DR you are going down sooner or later. Ask Frank how many times total he has hit the pavement. If I want the wind in my hair I open all the car windows.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
loud pipes are on nearly every Dominican moto. How many were "saved"? None. You ride in the DR you are going down sooner or later. Ask Frank how many times total he has hit the pavement. If I want the wind in my hair I open all the car windows.

No moto has pipes as loud as a large CI VTwin. The more loud the more attention. Harley and others like them get attention. Motos everyone is used to hearing them

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Still nothing that I have seen posted officially about this. My information was from knowing people who lived near the dead man, yet did not know his name, and someone else who knew the driver of the car that was in the accident with the deceased.

No doubt if something about this makes news I?m sure DV8 will find/ post it.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, I know this guy. He's from Quebec. He rode a custom red Harley....semi-chopper style....the bike really stood out. He hung out at Alberto's on Pedro Clisante a lot. Quiet guy. His wife rode a black Dyna. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.