5 Cool Dominican History Facts -- new Kiskeya.Life video

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
Hey guys!

Thanks to everyone who's been following our blog Kiskeya.Life, where we talk about the more curious and interesting sides of this lovely island and its people. So here is a new episode of our ongoing video series. This time we talk about '5 Cool Dominican History Facts'. You can also check out our past episodes on our site as well, or subscribe to our YouTube channel youtube.com/kiskeyalifetv.

Enjoy and we're looking forward to your comments! :cool:

[video=youtube;wiaWj6w-JmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiaWj6w-JmM&list=PLLWkh78exluIcu73Bl634Xri7IqtYA_hJ[/video]

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I watched most of your presentation and it is very well done. I'm not sure where your facts on the Jewish refugees came from. I have read several different accounts and your numbers seem way off. You also left out why the DR was willing to take 10's of thousands of refugees.

By todays standards it would be considered extremely racist but it was the way the world worked at the time.

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
I watched most of your presentation and it is very well done. I'm not sure where your facts on the Jewish refugees came from. I have read several different accounts and your numbers seem way off. You also left out why the DR was willing to take 10's of thousands of refugees.

By todays standards it would be considered extremely racist but it was the way the world worked at the time.
Thanks for the response! Yes, I got several disagreeing numbers as well on pretty much everything and to settle for what seemed most likely and what source seemed most reliable. Which do you mean? On how many Jews actually made it to the island?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life

Sorry, of course that's what you meant. And I left out the reason for the obvious reasons. I may get into it in another episode. What numbers did you find?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk