Playa Dorada Short stay Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

halifax

Mar 14, 2016
Hello, I will be staying at an all inclusive in Playa Dorada with family and friends. My question is are there any short term ( hourly) hotels in Playa Dorada if I do meet someone. Thanks in advance for any input

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not that i know of. you'd have to go outside to use a cabana, rent another hotel room at full rate or maybe cross the road to use field of dreams. hotels also have day pass so you may be able to get that for your date.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Hello Halifax,
Field of Dreams located across the street from the upper gate entrance to Playa Dorada is a male adult only resort. You can bring a girlfriend but be aware that activities there are adult oriented, nudity, wet tee shirt contests, etc. Male clients go there to stay with DR ladies usually for a one or two week period. Maybe not the best place to bring a new DR acquaintance. I winter at POP village which has low daily rates and you can get a day pass for you and your new friend and get to know her in a safe environment. As a fellow Atlantic Canadian (Newfie) that has spent six winters here, I should warn you that meeting women for an hourly get together can be extremely dangerous. You may want to rethink this!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
any cabanas in the area of Gran Ventana ?

No - Playa Dorada is a family oriented "gated village" on the beach.

You're over thinking this. Just walk out the main gate, hang a left, cross the street to Field of Dreams and order a drink at the bar. The woman of your dreams will magically appear at your side. And FOD has everything else you will need right on site.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Thank you , Ecoman, how is meeting woman on a hourly extremely dangerous ?

Prostitution is very common in the Playa Dorada area. HIV and other serious STD's are also very prevalent in the DR and Haiti which is adjacent to the DR. Not all prostitutes practise safe sex or get regular medical screening for STD's and there is new medical evidence that suggests using condoms is not 100% effective against some of the newer strains of STD's. I've been told the women that work at Field of Dreams are contracted to work there and get regular screenings. Don't know if that's true or not.

My relationships with DR women have started by meeting them through their families. I look for long term relations not hourly ones. And I'm extremely careful about the STD threat. No moral judgements intended here. Your an adult and your free to make your own decisions. Do what feels right for you. Just do it safely.

Be aware that the guys who drive the horse drawn carriages in the Playa Dorada area will be offering you offsite access to prostitutes. They take people to remote locations and then their accomplices rob them of cash, credit cards and jewelry.

The ladies that work the mall bars in Playa Dorada are well versed in removing your wallet while distracting you. Stay sober and keep your wits about you when you frequent that area especially on the weekends.

Also be aware that drugs are very prevalent in the mall area (selling and usage). If the Policia Cestur catch you with friends using drugs your just as guilty, even if you not using them. Your a Canadian. You have very few rights in the DR and the Canadian Consulate office in Puerto Plata can do very little to help you. You can be held in jail for three months during the investigation. You have to supply your own food in the DR jails and come up with the cash to pay your way out. Otherwise your not going home!
In the six years I've been wintering here, I witnessed drunk and sober people from all countries doing the most stupid things and quite a few have ended up in jail. Laws and customs are very different here compared to Canada. Respect the people and the culture and you will be fine. Have a great vacation here and enjoy the Playa Dorada area. It is beautiful here.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
You're over thinking this. Just walk out the main gate, hang a left, cross the street to Field of Dreams and order a drink at the bar. The woman of your dreams will magically appear at your side. And FOD has everything else you will need right on site.
It is a long, lonely and shadeless walk to Field of Dream along the main road from the main gate of Playa Dorada. A much better option is to walk the other direction round the horseshoe-shaped service road and exit Play Dorada via the service entrance. Field of Dreams will be immediately opposite.
A more pleasant and safer walk. More shade and no traffic fumes. Fifteen minutes slow walk whichever route.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Thank you , Ecoman, how is meeting woman on a hourly extremely dangerous ?
If you are a normal, healthy adult, you can safely ignore Ecoman's comment. He is just trying to undermine the Dominican economy. Of course, when dealing with whores, a deal of common sense is needed.

Field of Dreams under the current (Dominican) management is poor value for money, but adequate if you have no other convenient options or have nil Spanish. If you can slip away for five or six hours, there are better choices, but that is a whole other story.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Thank you, would you know of any cabanas in the area of Gran Ventana ?
There are none this side (east) of Puerto Plata city. They are all on the road leaving the city to the west. I think there may be a deliberate policy to keep them away from tourist areas.

As I posted, if you can get away for a whole afternoon/early evening, then all sorts of options open up. But if looking for sexual encounters while staying in Playa Dorada, I can only repeat the Irishman's comment when asked for directions, "If I were you, I would not start from here". Come back another time for a proper (improper) holiday without family and friends.

Jul 28, 2014
Head to Sosua one night, take a look around at the "merchandise" then head off to Dulce Secreto with your "winnings"...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the question was sufficiently addressed, i guess. no hourly hotels in the vicinity of playa dorada.

halifax, you may be better off inquiring about play for pay in different forums, dedicated to the subject. there are many dr1 members posting in those, many more reading. google is your fren. alternatively, post few more times until you get to 10 posts and you can send/receive private messages from people who can help.

have fun in playa dorada!

Status
Not open for further replies.