Alcohol ban

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Does it start midnight the night from Thursday midnight to Friday midnight or from Friday midnight to Saturday midnight?

As I read it, midnight on Friday to midnight on Saturday? Read the left side, the DR-1 news side. All I know is that I am stockpiling the Sangiovese, locating the earplugs, and except for walking the dog, will be staying home. Have downloaded hours of movies and bought several pre-season Red Sox games. I'm Jewish, so this whole thing about a guy who lived at home until he was 30 and his mother thought he was G*d is not unfamiliar.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
It's 12:00am Friday to 11:59pm Friday. In observance of Good Friday/Viernes Santo.

In the past on the beach in Cabarete, all bars stop serving, music stops and discos close as Good Friday begins. The next 24 hours is pretty quiet and calm. Then at 12:00am Saturday, the music starts up and alcohol flows.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's 12:00am Friday to 11:59pm Friday. In observance of Good Friday/Viernes Santo.

In the past on the beach in Cabarete, all bars stop serving, music stops and discos close as Good Friday begins. The next 24 hours is pretty quiet and calm. Then at 12:00am Saturday, the music starts up and alcohol flows.

Unless you are staying in a hotel that is filled with locals. Most don't go to bars or restaurants anyway. And they might lower the decibels (slightly), but there will be music, there will be dancing, there will be triple-quadruple magnums of rum. All private.

Good Lord I am so happy to be out of the hotel biz.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I'll drink to that.

No idea when the alcohol ban happens if it does. Just on selling alcohol, correct?

Even restaurants cannot serve "drinks." That's how they describe it on the news side---the left side---on the DR-1 home page. Achekiar.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Even restaurants cannot serve "drinks." That's how they describe it on the news side---the left side---on the DR-1 home page. Achekiar.

If you want a drink their will always be a way. Never fear god has not struck me with lightning and I manage to quest my thirst. Colmados always have the back door open !

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Does it start midnight the night from Thursday midnight to Friday midnight or from Friday midnight to Saturday midnight?

Don?t tell anyone but rumor has it they will be selling alcohol all weekend in my barrio :cheeky:

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
I inquired at the Mojito Bar on Cabarete Beach yesterday, and they said they would be serving alcohol on Friday

Jul 28, 2014
Those who arent serving booze usually do so by choice as I happen to be going to a place in half an hour that's serving more than water

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't know about the booze i i went to check costambar beach today and there was no music at all, so at least this part of the deal is respected (there is also ban on loud music on holy friday). i counted 5 stations of emergency services (rescate ambar, defensa civil, cruz roja, dominican army). also at least 7 policemen, a police patrol car and few members of ejercito. pretty tight operation, hope it works!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I think the cabanas also will serve liquid gold..............

And/or golden showers. Or the road to glory paved with gold. Or something. I think cabanas are a world apart. Not quite like geisha culture, but something like that....