few answers to strange questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have been asked many times to explain certain Dominican behaviors which seem to be very confusing to many foreign people. Like them, I too had to learn the facts the hard way.
Here are some explanations to certain questions; better yet, I will give you the answers and you can imagine the questions.

The people who drive into cabana turisticas (sex motels) are not simply crazy single men who are talking to themselves, instead, there is always a shy girl hiding low on her seat. You just can?t see her because she is hiding low, thus, you see a crazy man talking to himself.

For her, 8pm is the time to get into the shower not the time you 2 originally had agreed to meet at a restaurant. Learn to wait an hour or so.

The uninvited female friend of your date is always the ugliest girl in town. She is always uncomfortable in every place and always orders the most expensive things on the menu. She wants to dance more often with you than you would have the chance to dance with your date. She will always has the emergency to go home early for some reason and will always drag your date with her. The ugly girl will almost always live in the furthest part of the city. A place where no man had gone before.

When you marry a Dominican girl, in reality, you are marrying the whole family (including the grandma).

50% of the times you will get the wrong food that you had ordered in a restaurant. This doesn?t mean the waiter / waitress is stupid. They just don?t pay attention to what you say.

?Horita? doesn?t mean now, it can be anywhere from 15 mins to 6 days.

?He has moved on to the better world? term doesn?t imply that the person has moved to NYC but it means that he /she had died.

?Un dia de esto?? means ?never?.

Every cell call that she would receive (on her date with you) would be from her mom or her cousin. The phone won?t stop ringing until she will shut it off completely.

After coming out of your bathroom, she changes to Dr. Jekyll and leaves your house screaming and crying.
She saw your brush full of other girl?s hair. Just make sure you don?t leave any traces behind of the previous night.

She didn?t get lost. Don?t worry about her; she is with her other gringo sugar daddy. You didn?t think you were her only boyfriend or did you?

Don?t try to change their ways, just learn the rules so you would know how to bend them towards your own advantage.
Has anyone more to add to this?

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
AZB!!

WOW!!..AZB you just sparked some of my extra electrical neutrons in my brains.. WOW! this is a good juicy story, real good! If you had read my 1st post! which i've already omitted for obvious reasons. I used the expression of "CLEANING HOUSE"....in my vision. Very, very interesting subject indeed. And how about the constant beating and raping of your own wife!

But before I even answer you...I want to listen to what the other
D. experts have to say, think they know so much about the behaviour of my people.."that most foreigners don't understand". So we'll be talking.......Very deeeeeeeeep!

Last edited:

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Come on people..I'm waiting.

I'm still awaiting.. for some psycho replies.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Tony c ....rrrrrrreeeerr tiger on the loose

I guess you really like me Tony c..you keep coming back for more ..but AZB asked an intelligent question!..I can already see that you don't have the answers nor the capacity to fill it..cause you are not a living Quisqueyano nor live with them. Your respone, could only be an external robotic one..like a broken record! Your one of those"FOREIGNERS" that AZB is refering to. This is not your stage, so please! EXIT!!.....!NEXT

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Tiger, you scared everyone away. No one would dare to touch this thread.
I guess the Tiger still rules on DR1.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tiger, Show the wise guys here on DR1 that you are not so feeble minded as
they try to portrait you, by translating el himno national with
that quisqueano reference. I think JJISK asked you for it and may be
in all that commotion you forgot to answer her. X.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
How can I ever do without mmmmmy! SANCHO!

....Where the hell did you take that mule??..well it don't matter your right on freaking TIME!!!..HAAAAAHaHaaaa! I love you SANCHO!!....sorry and my sincere apology to JJSK! I just finished translating the NATIONAL ANTHEM of the (so-called DOMINICAN! REP.) NEW STATE OF QUISQUEYA!!.....it took me a little more time to translate because, I wanted to make sure, I translate it accurately and write it, as it is written.

NATIONAL ANTHEM of
the DOMINICAN?REP.
lyrics by Emilio Prudhome
Music by Jose Reyes

Valiant QUISQUEYANOS RISE!
our song with live emotions
And from the world ..face to face!
ostentatious(invicto) undefeated
pennant.

Save the populous! intrepid &
strong, to war we die!..it started
when fury..challenged..it's chain
of slavery..broken!

No populous (as in pueblo) is free
Less it deserves the slavery and
serves..if the flame won't grow in
the chest (heart)? Which temple?
is of heroism with strength, virile.

MORE (MAS) QUISQUEYA the untamed
and brave, always (altiva) proud...
His front "if" be, a thousand times a-
slave in others....then being free you'll
know....

This is a shorter version..I hope that some of you (s), see for yourself that the above is a testimony of what my post was all about!..but I realized that I apparently I tune into the wrong station..thinking that I would fine many of my people..My post wasn't meant to directly offend another race but history speaks for us all!...It's not! with anyone of you that I have a problem with ..it's with my own people no doubt..like I said before, this is a Quisqueyano affair..So please let's not bring the subject up again.END

TIGER LOVES ALL HUMANITY

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Translation sucks. Not kidding!.

this is one of the best anthems around. Easy to sing, good rythm, not boring.

Brave quisqueyans, let's
Lift our voices in lively song.

don't mess with it!

HB

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Tiger? More like Pussycat

tiger said:
I guess you really like me Tony c..you keep coming back for more ..but AZB asked an intelligent question!..I can already see that you don't have the answers nor the capacity to fill it..cause you are not a living Quisqueyano nor live with them. Your respone, could only be an external robotic one..like a broken record! Your one of those"FOREIGNERS" that AZB is refering to. This is not your stage, so please! EXIT!!.....!NEXT

If you must know. I lived in the DR. I visit 5 or 6 times a year. Have familiy there and I am Married to one.
I have experienced all that AZD is talking about and I understand how Dominicans tick.
It is you who still spew forth the same old retoric. You have never answered my posts nor contested my facts. Why not? Here is your chance to put me in my place.
BTW this is an Open fourm. Anything posted here is subject to response from anyone. You are not to decide who can or cannot answer.

Tony C.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Pib..where are you ?

Me..suger coat what? I have zip reasons to give another translation or a different one from what it really is..but since you're smart, please step on the stage and give us your translation!

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Hillbilly..you forgot to stay in the mountains

Don't mess with what?? I would'nt dare change one single letter!
I have no reason to. I translated it as best I can. So that JJSK can understand it's lively messege. Let me see your translation!

you said " lift our voices in lively song," you're saying it like that.. NOT ME! So much for your comprehansion? I'll go toe to toe with any of you!

It says " Nuestro canto con viva emocion".."our song with live emotion".. We can go word to word..come on!

TIGER

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Gee! I started that in the wrong way

Shame on me. I forgot all I learnt in that Human Relationship training. I guess that I have an attack of sarcasm today. Tiger allow me to start over:

That was a nice effort that you made to translate our national anthem. I am sure you did your best effort. Spanish is a fancy language and the style of the writer of the song portraits the taste and choice of words of that time. For all this I think that no translation will correspond entirely to the meaning of the song in its original language. Therefore I stick to my original opinion. Your translation stinks.

Feel better now? :rolleyes:

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Tony c loves the TIGER!

I'm happy that you married a "D"..they're pretty much dedicated to their husbands and money.

....answered your post on what? Cuba?..I won't bother to touch that subject with you, I think Fidel has been a great! MACHO! And you think the contrary. So there is no point to this. Because if you're going to raval on about how many people he did away with, then I can tell you that R. Reagan & his side kick G. bush were responsible for the killings of hundreds of thousends of innocent lives...how could we ever forget those 4 nuns in El Salvador. Through their murderous covert operations. And no one has ever taken those two "bandidos" to the court of JUSTICE!

Now..for a man that goes in and out of Quisqueya 4,6 whatever times a year (none of my business) it doesn't make you any closer
to how we feel or think..most likely you could'nt give a dam anyway.
Furthermore, if you understand what's going on in the minds of my people like..you said..then the stage is set! go for it now...AZB is awaiting please..Remember that you are on AZB's post, respect her/him?

TIGER WAITS!

Last edited:

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
PIB!

I don't see you translating it, any money bet that's the closest one can get! Excuse me PIB but, you said that, that was the language that was used then?? what then!? the children sing that song everyday in the school. You're just another superconfused "D"..you got to be kidding me..come on to my post/page i want to tear you to shredds!!! You freaking ASS! KISSER!

Tiger would be happy to go, one on one with your kind..come on!
Come on FRIAR!

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tiger,
I am about to say something that is probably going to give me a lot of grief. I will try to clean it up so I don't offend the DR1 webmasters...

Tiger,
You are the southbound end of a northbound Nueba yo jackass. You are intellectually challenged to the point that your brain doesn't have the strength to have waves...you couldn't tear your way out of a paper bag, much less tear PIB to shreds. You don't have the first idea of what a Dominican is. you are living., at best, in a fantasy world, at worst in a schizophrenic one. My advice is for you to seek professional help. Of course you won't. You will reply to me with more of your Super Taino drivel and ego.

How much did they pay you to be an extra in Shaft II? I know you don't want to tell us who you are because if we knew we might not find you in the credits...am I questioning your credibility? Damned straight. Show me where Reagan and Bush murdered hundreds of thousands...am I questioning your credibility...Damned straight. Prove to me that one , only one Dominican has enough Taino blood to qualify under any realistic and recognized standard, to be called a native Taino...Am I questioning your credibilty...not only that but your ability to think logically and rationally. Not even the Partido Quisqueyano would recognize you. Wessin hates communists as much as most Cuban refugees do. Hell, he thought Juan Bosch was communist.

I'm not going to ask you not to post as this is an OPEN forum but I am going to ask those who agree with me to just start skipping over your posts and stop answering you. I have found that when whiney little children get ignored they usually SHUT UP AND GO AWAY.

Won't say anymore to you...ever...as I don't want Rob to have to ban me for using inappropriate langauge. It was hard enough to do this post with out it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Stick a Fork in him!,he,s "DONE"!!!

Everyone is all over this "Moron" for "His" translation of the Dominican Republic,s National Anthem! He didn,t translate anything! He copied it! How can this "Bozo Brain" who hasn,t posted anything with better than a "Dull" 5th.graders English Language and spelling skills,suddenly translate into English without spelling errors?Cause he didn,t do it,thats how! He "edits" all of his own posts,sometimes days later!Why do you continue to encourage this "Angel Dust Poster Boy? I am not responding to him,but to those who continue to "validate" his post with your responses! Criss Colon

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
BTW

Brave men of Quisqueya,
Let us sing with strong feeling
And let us show to the world
Our invincible, glorious banner.
Hail, O people who, strong and intrepid,
Launched into war and went to death!
Under a warlike menace of death,
You broke your chains of slavery.

No country deserves to be free
If it is an indolent and servile slave,
If the call does not grow loud within it,
Tempered by a virile heroism.
But the brave and indomitable Quisqueya
Will always hold its head high,
For if it were a thousand times enslaved,
It would a thousand times regain freedom.

I didn't try to translate as I am not poetic enough but I think this pretty much says it.

Status
Not open for further replies.