Problems with Claro this afternoon?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Anyone had problems with Claro Internet this afternoon? I thought it was just me. But other folks reported similar problems with both - DSL (Sabaneta, Cabarete, Jamao) and fiber-optic internet (Sosua). Was it just North Coast problem or country-wide?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Claro been awful last 2 days so not just you as I am not north coast.

Matilda

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Had problems at work at the airport with Claro internet.

Orange in POP, Sosua, Cabarete are being quite sporadic today too.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have had problems since weeks and more so today. Netflix wouldn't stream flawless and I would get 5mb instead of 20.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Overload of use, as I see it.

On the north coast, we have so many visitors w/ I-Phones etc, the system is jammed.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
yesterday 6pm to 7pm Claro DSL and Fiber don't worked.... Orange was slow too... at least for me in La Mulata zone

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Call Claro to solve this problem.... if you paid for 20 you should get 20

Yes, I will after the weekend, it happens now and then, I call, they ask me to connect by cable instead of wifi and as by magic my speed is back up (both wired and wireless). I suspect they distribute capacity when there is an overload and when someone complains they redistribute, asking you to connect wired to make it look that's the problem.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
you may also check your router conf and distance to it...but you probably know that already :p
Yes, I will after the weekend, it happens now and then, I call, they ask me to connect by cable instead of wifi and as by magic my speed is back up (both wired and wireless). I suspect they distribute capacity when there is an overload and when someone complains they redistribute, asking you to connect wired to make it look that's the problem.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
You should check to see if you have over oxidized your negative silicones in the left ventricle, happens at times you know.
Requires a total deoxidization of both sides normally.

Feb 7, 2007
Router can be a culprit sometimes. I have an old Linksys and it sometimes start behaving funny, sch as giving me 30 KB/s on wireless. reset, disconeccting everythinga nd connecting wired fr 5-10 minutes and then back to wireless seems to do the trick. Also I have another DSL line with Thomson Speedtouch router, it also sometimes behaves silly, especially with many Andorid devices connected, sometimes it just oversaturates itself and turns on the red light on the front ... in that cas eit needs to be power cycled and then everything is OK.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Major problems with Claro again. Affecting primarily fibre-optic lines. Since around 10PM last night internet started chocking and completely disappeared around 1-20AM. Still not came back yet as of this moment. Called Claro. They have acknowledged they are having major problems and promised to fix internet around noon today.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Friends from Santiago and Puerto Plata confirmed - they do not have Claro internet also.

Old DSL lines are still working though.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
internet coming and going for few days now. i feel the urge to rip the nuts off some claro executives.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Yep, it came back about 1 hr ago. Sooner than promised by their Servicio al Cliente this morning.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Went down about 3 AM today, back around 8:30 AM. I called no answer, normal. Suspect a 3AM down time was weekly maintenance.