A story that has to be told

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most of the time, if I told you this you would give me that "You're sh**ing me"...look.

Here is the story:

Yesterday morning as I opened up my cellphone to text my son, who was down on the Southwest Coast at Salina, in Ban?, I say a text from him. This was unusual in and of itself since is is one of the worst communicators--unless he wants something.

Anyway, to the "Hola" I saw on the screen, I answered "Wassup?"

Then I got a voice message saying: "This is the police in Arroyo Hondo, Salinas, Bani. A person found this phone on the beach and brought it here to the "destacamento.

I voice messaged back that I would try and locate the owner who was to be in that area.

I got another voice message telling me that it was Sgt, Garcia and the phone number of the station was 849 etc.

I texted my son's girlfriend and told her about this, along with a voice message. That afternoon, I got an answer that the phone was recovered.

Now, can any of you dear readers remember anything like that in your experiences here??? I sure as he!! can't.

Take care y'all.

HB

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Most of the time, if I told you this you would give me that "You're sh**ing me"...look.

Here is the story:

Yesterday morning as I opened up my cellphone to text my son, who was down on the Southwest Coast at Salina, in Ban?, I say a text from him. This was unusual in and of itself since is is one of the worst communicators--unless he wants something.

Then I got a voice message saying: "This is the police in Arroyo Hondo, Salinas, Bani. A person found this phone on the beach and brought it here to the "destacamento.

I voice messaged back that I would try and locate the owner who was to be in that area.

I got another voice message telling me that it was Sgt, Garcia and the phone number of the station was 849 etc.

I texted my son's girlfriend and told her about this, along with a voice message. That afternoon, I got an answer that the phone was recovered.

Now, can any of you dear readers remember anything like that in your experiences here??? I sure as he!! can't.

Take care y'all.

HB

OK, so where was your son during all of this?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
:eek:

Here is the story:

Take care y'all.

HB

I'll just give you that "You're sh**ing me"...look.:eek:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I once left my phone (a good one by DR standards) at Playa Sosua, having consumed one or two too many Bloody Marys, and the beach guy called me to tell me he had my phone and then brought it to me.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
We recently did a trip down to Cabo Rojo by plane. When we landed we were met by a fellow who we hired to drive us around for the day.

He took us into Perdenales and suggested we get out of his car (a virtually new Honda CRV) and take a wander along the malecon part of the beach. We all got out of the car, including the driver and we walked along the beach. But the driver left his car with the engine running. When I queried this, his response was to keep the a/c on to keep it cool. I asked him if he wasn't worried that someone might steal his car. He almost laughed at me and said why would anyone want to do that.

Later on he needed to fill his tank so we pulled into the petrol station. He then went into the shop to buy some credit for his phone. He returned to the car, got in and started driving off. Moments later a woman comes running out of the shop and bangs on the car window. The driver stops and rolls down the window. The woman hands the driver his wallet that he left in the shop!

We were all gobsmacked!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
A couple years ago I dropped my new Samsung phone somewhere near immigration offices in Santo Domingo. The Dominican who found it found the only phone number in it that had an 809 area code and called it. It was my wifes number. It took a couple of days to arrange a meeting but I got the phone back in one piece and fully charged. (here comes the understatement) I was surprised and delighted ! Gave the guy one of the bottles of duty free liquor we still had in the car from my arrival.