CHIEF OF BRANCH SECURITY at Banco Popular? (for all branches in the DR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
We experienced a serious teller transgression and would like the contact information of
the Chief of Security for all the Banco Popular's branches in the Dominican Republic.(not just Samana Peninsula)
I will not go into details but it involves thousands of dollars.
The Branch Manager at the Las Terrenas branch is not answering our direct questions and providing
the information requested.
At this point, we feel there is a possible cover up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
We experienced a serious teller transgression and would like the contact information of
the Chief of Security for all the Banco Popular's branches in the Dominican Republic.(not just Samana Peninsula)
The Branch Manager at the branch at the Las Terrenas branch is not answering our direct questions and providing

You must bypass the whole bank and go directly to the regulator here:

http://sib.gob.do/prousuario/denuncias

File a report and have as much data for the report included.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Unlike what a many believe here, the system in the DR is very effective at dealing with problems with regulated institutions.

This is how they can make their jobs validated when reviewed for funding cuts each new budget.

Try it!

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
That's what I love about DR1, the forum and it's members.
Helpful and vital information when it's really needed.
Thank you.

Feb 7, 2007
Unlike what a many believe here, the system in the DR is very effective at dealing with problems with regulated institutions.

This is how they can make their jobs validated when reviewed for funding cuts each new budget.

Try it!

To the OP: I do not want to rain on your parade and possible excitement about the information you received, but I personally would not hold my breath about a quick resolution when contacting SIB (or better to say, any resolution at all).

I am still waiting for them (SIB) to resolve a complain from 6-7 or so years ago, where I complained about Banco Leon keeping my ATM withdrawal claim (money deducted but not dispersed by an ATM) in "limbo" (aka pending resolution), because they kept saying that the Cooperativa in Campo did not reply to their requests for ATM conciliation/balance form the given date. And because the frikin cooperativa did not respond, they just refused to accredit the money to me (even though the ATM receipt itself had shown an error code).

Filed complained with SIB, including copy of Banco Leon claim and copy of the ATM receipt with the error code from the Cooperativa, and 6-7 years later, I am still waiting for SIB to reply ...

You may actually really be better off trying to get the contact of the chief of security for Banco Popular and resolving through there...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
To the OP: I do not want to rain on your parade and possible excitement about the information you received, but I personally would not hold my breath about a quick resolution when contacting SIB (or better to say, any resolution at all).

I am still waiting for them (SIB) to resolve a complain from 6-7 or so years ago, where I complained about Banco Leon keeping my ATM withdrawal claim (money deducted but not dispersed by an ATM) in "limbo" (aka pending resolution), because they kept saying that the Cooperativa in Campo did not reply to their requests for ATM conciliation/balance form the given date. And because the frikin cooperativa did not respond, they just refused to accredit the money to me (even though the ATM receipt itself had shown an error code).

Filed complained with SIB, including copy of Banco Leon claim and copy of the ATM receipt with the error code from the Cooperativa, and 6-7 years later, I am still waiting for SIB to reply ...

You may actually really be better off trying to get the contact of the chief of security for Banco Popular and resolving through there...

That's where you erred.
The SIB did what it was meant to do and provided you with a clear path to sue the bank directly for loss and interests accrued, aside of lawyer's fee.
This process is the way you go before you can legally proceed with court procedures.

The process provides the legal channel to exhaust in resolving the matter directly with the other party with the SIB being a referee between the two parts

Any lawyer would had told you that.

Feb 7, 2007
That's where you erred.
The SIB did what it was meant to do and provided you with a clear path to sue the bank directly for loss and interests accrued, aside of lawyer's fee.
This process is the way you go before you can legally proceed with court procedures.

The process provides the legal channel to exhaust in resolving the matter directly with the other party with the SIB being a referee between the two parts

Any lawyer would had told you that.

Yeah but I was not going to spend thousands and thousands on a lawyer to recover some 3000 or so pesos ...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
this is laughable. You must be a newbie. Dominican banks are riddled with corruption. Its the norm here. Good luck with your efforts

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
My amount was $131 USD, that I had a dispute about, and it was not enuff to pay a lawyer to chase for me, so the bank and their pals at SOB knew that, so just shrugged off my complaint!
Der Fish

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The Branch Manager at the Las Terrenas branch is not answering our direct questions and providing

In most cases, as unfortunate as it is, stealing from a gringo is acceptable.
Especially when sharing the ill gotten gains with others. Its one of my pet peeves about living here.

Its unlikely you will see your money again anytime soon. Good luck.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
In most cases, as unfortunate as it is, stealing from a gringo is acceptable.
Especially when sharing the ill gotten gains with others. Its one of my pet peeves about living here.

Its unlikely you will see your money again anytime soon. Good luck.

No, it is most certainly not!

The problem is like Rubio and Derfish exposed: Time and money amount. The time and money it takes isn't worth it for a lot of folks.

But, trust me! If you go via the SIB and then the court, the effect is the same for you and your money: You'll get it back, plus interest, plus expenses.

I'd done it three times already. The last one was with this same Bank.

It's a matter of principles. All involved got FIRED and banned from banking jobs that fall under the SIB regulations.

If more people invested a bit of their time and some resources (which they would get back), these events would stop 100% save for legitimate errors or faulty procedures.

The same in the Energy sector. It just takes time but the end result is always a positive one for the client.

*added

Also the internal affairs division for the Police will act upon complaints of corruption against any officer, no matter the rank.

Thing is, again, most people just don't care much to do so.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No, it is most certainly not!

The problem is like Rubio and Derfish exposed: Time and money amount. The time and money it takes isn't worth it for a lot of folks.

But, trust me! If you go via the SIB and then the court, the effect is the same for you and your money: You'll get it back, plus interest, plus expenses.

I'd done it three times already. The last one was with this same Bank.

It's a matter of principles. All involved got FIRED and banned from banking jobs that fall under the SIB regulations.

If more people invested a bit of their time and some resources (which they would get back), these events would stop 100% save for legitimate errors or faulty procedures.

The same in the Energy sector. It just takes time but the end result is always a positive one for the client.

*added

Also the internal affairs division for the Police will act upon complaints of corruption against any officer, no matter the rank.

Thing is, again, most people just don't care much to do so.

Yes... dream on buddy.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
DECEITFUL Banco Popular in Las Terrenas

Dominican banks are riddled with corruption. Its the norm here. Good luck with your efforts

For those who are thinking about opening a bank account with Banco Popular, I hereby warn you not to.
This is the most deceitful and mendacious institution we have ever dealt with.

At this point, the Branch Manager in Las Terrenas is stonewalling us and refusing to communicate.

We even tried contacting via email:

Voz del Cliente
Banco Popular Dominicano

"Voz del Cliente?" what a joke.
No help, one form email response - no assistance what so ever.

If you are wondering who the bank teller was in LT, private message me.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
The second time today when I agree with Pichi's posts.

These institutions really work in DR and you really can f@ck the bank guys up their asses without vaseline in court. But usually nobody wants to do it for 3000 pesos or so. But if you go thru the whole process, you win 100%. I know some precedents.

P.S. I use Banco Popular since 2006. The maximum amount I had on my accounts there was hundreds of thousands of dollars. Never had any problem.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Since we are on this topic does anyone know what the Minimum account balance one needs for no monthly fees? I thought it was $USD4000? Every year BPD dings me $120.00, slow bleed of $10 every month..

Status
Not open for further replies.