Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CHIEF OF BRANCH SECURITY at Banco Popular? (for all branches in the DR)

We experienced a serious teller transgression and would like the contact information of
    the Chief of Security for all the Banco Popular's branches in the Dominican Republic.(not just Samana Peninsula)
    I will not go into details but it involves thousands of dollars.
    The Branch Manager at the Las Terrenas branch is not answering our direct questions and providing
    the information requested.
    At this point, we feel there is a possible cover up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    We experienced a serious teller transgression and would like the contact information of
    the Chief of Security for all the Banco Popular's branches in the Dominican Republic.(not just Samana Peninsula)
    I will not go into details but it involves thousands of dollars.
    The Branch Manager at the branch at the Las Terrenas branch is not answering our direct questions and providing
    the information requested.
    At this point, we feel there is a possible cover up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-
    You must bypass the whole bank and go directly to the regulator here:

http://sib.gob.do/prousuario/denuncias

File a report and have as much data for the report included.
    One Dominican at a time please!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That will shake them up to answer you quick at the bank.

http://sib.gob.do/orientaci%C3%B3n-al-usuario

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike what a many believe here, the system in the DR is very effective at dealing with problems with regulated institutions.

This is how they can make their jobs validated when reviewed for funding cuts each new budget.

Try it!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I love about DR1, the forum and it's members.
    Helpful and vital information when it's really needed.
    Thank you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Unlike what a many believe here, the system in the DR is very effective at dealing with problems with regulated institutions.

This is how they can make their jobs validated when reviewed for funding cuts each new budget.

Try it!
    To the OP: I do not want to rain on your parade and possible excitement about the information you received, but I personally would not hold my breath about a quick resolution when contacting SIB (or better to say, any resolution at all).

I am still waiting for them (SIB) to resolve a complain from 6-7 or so years ago, where I complained about Banco Leon keeping my ATM withdrawal claim (money deducted but not dispersed by an ATM) in "limbo" (aka pending resolution), because they kept saying that the Cooperativa in Campo did not reply to their requests for ATM conciliation/balance form the given date. And because the frikin cooperativa did not respond, they just refused to accredit the money to me (even though the ATM receipt itself had shown an error code).

Filed complained with SIB, including copy of Banco Leon claim and copy of the ATM receipt with the error code from the Cooperativa, and 6-7 years later, I am still waiting for SIB to reply ...

You may actually really be better off trying to get the contact of the chief of security for Banco Popular and resolving through there...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

- does anybody know the contact information of the Chief of Security of Banco Popular? (Santo Domingo)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    To the OP: I do not want to rain on your parade and possible excitement about the information you received, but I personally would not hold my breath about a quick resolution when contacting SIB (or better to say, any resolution at all).

I am still waiting for them (SIB) to resolve a complain from 6-7 or so years ago, where I complained about Banco Leon keeping my ATM withdrawal claim (money deducted but not dispersed by an ATM) in "limbo" (aka pending resolution), because they kept saying that the Cooperativa in Campo did not reply to their requests for ATM conciliation/balance form the given date. And because the frikin cooperativa did not respond, they just refused to accredit the money to me (even though the ATM receipt itself had shown an error code).

Filed complained with SIB, including copy of Banco Leon claim and copy of the ATM receipt with the error code from the Cooperativa, and 6-7 years later, I am still waiting for SIB to reply ...

You may actually really be better off trying to get the contact of the chief of security for Banco Popular and resolving through there...
    That's where you erred.
    The SIB did what it was meant to do and provided you with a clear path to sue the bank directly for loss and interests accrued, aside of lawyer's fee.
    This process is the way you go before you can legally proceed with court procedures.

The process provides the legal channel to exhaust in resolving the matter directly with the other party with the SIB being a referee between the two parts

Any lawyer would had told you that.

9. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    That's where you erred.
    The SIB did what it was meant to do and provided you with a clear path to sue the bank directly for loss and interests accrued, aside of lawyer's fee.
    This process is the way you go before you can legally proceed with court procedures.

The process provides the legal channel to exhaust in resolving the matter directly with the other party with the SIB being a referee between the two parts

Any lawyer would had told you that.
    Yeah but I was not going to spend thousands and thousands on a lawyer to recover some 3000 or so pesos ...

11. Likes Derfish, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Yeah but I was not going to spend thousands and thousands on a lawyer to recover some 3000 or so pesos ...
    Ah! $$$ ok

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast