Safety in Bavaro Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
Hello,
I am new to the site. I am buying a condo in Bavaro Beach and just want to make sure it is safe. I have 3 small kids and their safety is the most important to me. Is it safe for kids in this area?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The crime rate in B?varo is lower than in Santo Domingo, which is not to say it doesn't exist, but in general it is much safer here.
Eight years ago we moved from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana, down the road from B?varo, because we didn't feel safe in Santo Domingo, and wanted our son to grow up in a place where he would not have to be taken everywhere.
In the B?varo-Punta Cana area how much freedom you allow your children depends on the exact place where you choose to live. Within the residential complexes children can run around freely, and in some cases, like Punta Cana Village, Pueblo B?varo in B?varo, Ciudad Las Canas in Cap Cana, or Ciudad La Palma in Ver?n, walk to school by themselves.
The beaches are safe enough but children should always be supervised.
Traffic is dangerous everywhere but children should be OK within residential complexes.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Or anywhere for that matter. Looking at how bad other places have it nowadays with terrorists and all...

Dominicans are the same evrywhare in S.D. or P.P or Bavaro. You just take precaution at your location and pray to god. That is if god comes here!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello,
I am new to the site. I am buying a condo in Bavaro Beach and just want to make sure it is safe. I have 3 small kids and their safety is the most important to me. Is it safe for kids in this area?

It's as safe as long as they have supervision. Just like any place common sense prevails. It bothers me that you are buying a condo there and you have to ask that question. You should know the answer before buying. This tells me you have very little experience living in the DR.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your answer

Generally speaking, Dominicans tend to watch out for young children, no matter who?s children
they are. Its not uncommon to see groups of children running around a neighborhood playing while
under the watchful eye of their neighbors. I?d say that you, as an adult, have a lot more to worry
about as far as safety concerns.

Jan 7, 2016
Safe is as Safe does...take your chances anywhere and expect the consequences. Have lived in El Cortecito for over 5 years and never felt threatened or in danger. It's a case of what situations and locations that you put yourself into. It's that way anywhere in the World.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Hello,

And the fact that you call it Bavaro Beach sort of gives it away. Someone asked you where exactly. If you answer, people will be able to give you really good specific information.

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
It's as safe as long as they have supervision. Just like any place common sense prevails. It bothers me that you are buying a condo there and you have to ask that question. You should know the answer before buying. This tells me you have very little experience living in the DR.

I have traveled there many times and went a couple of times just to see the area to make sure. I just wanted to ask on this forum to see if anyone else had any insight. I am from NJ so I kinda know what I should do and don't do in certain areas.

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
And the fact that you call it Bavaro Beach sort of gives it away. Someone asked you where exactly. If you answer, people will be able to give you really good specific information.

Thank you. We are right by the palm suites and by that little area where they try and sell you all the stuff and the restaurants. Love that area.

nj71

Mar 29, 2016

I guess it is really called El Cortecito

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
Safe is as Safe does...take your chances anywhere and expect the consequences. Have lived in El Cortecito for over 5 years and never felt threatened or in danger. It's a case of what situations and locations that you put yourself into. It's that way anywhere in the World.

Thank you. That is where we are at. El Cortecito. Thank you again for your post. Do you go to any public beaches in that area?

Jan 7, 2016
The entrance to the public access beach is directly across the street from the Green Hotel and Pastrata Restaurant...guarded gate and then down the gravel road. There is a small restaurant down there with bar and beach pergolas and access to the beach shops, etc.

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
The entrance to the public access beach is directly across the street from the Green Hotel and Pastrata Restaurant...guarded gate and then down the gravel road. There is a small restaurant down there with bar and beach pergolas and access to the beach shops, etc.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.