UN says RD is the country with the most prostitutes in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2012
"Rep?blica Dominicana figura como uno de los pa?ses que m?s aporta al mercado de la prostituci?n sexual mundial, tras detectarse la presencia de prostitutas dominicanas en 66 pa?ses en las ?ltimas cinco d?cadas, seg?n revela un estudio publicado este martes con el auspicio del Fondo de Poblaci?n de las Naciones Unidas (Unfpa) y la Asociaci?n Tu Mujer.

Al explicar las causas del problema, la investigaci?n estableci?, que la pobreza, la violencia de g?nero, la carga familiar y la imposibilidad de alcanzar una vida digna en su pa?s, impulsan a las dominicanas a cruzar las fronteras en busca de mejores condiciones de existencia."

http://nuncacreas.net/2014/onu-dice-...s-en-el-mundo/

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You also opened a thread in Off Topic.

Will close the Off Topic.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is kinda old news:
http://elnacional.com.do/onu-dice-rd-es-pais-con-mas-prostitutas/

the title is a bit misleading as the article says: Rep?blica Dominicana figura como uno de los pa?ses que m?s aporta al mercado de la prostituci?n sexual mundial.
DR ranks as one of the countries that contributes most to global sex market of prostitution. not exactly the same. DR cannot possibly have more hoes than much more populated countries, like brasil, russia or even good old USA. however, the reason why DR ranks so high is that it exports as much punnaney as papaya ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the article makes it sound like DR is the #1 country in the world for exporting prostitution. If anyone who has traveled the world would instantly notice is that russian women take the crown in this category.
Outside of usa and maybe a few countries in europe, no one even knows anything about dominican republic, let alone know a few prostitutes from this island.
AZB

Jan 7, 2016
Too bad the article doesn't speak to the issue of RETIRED HOOKERS living in the D.R...that would be really impressive, statistically.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
?UN says RD is the country with the most prostitutes in the world????

Guess the UN has never been to Russia, Brazil or Thailand.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
?UN says RD is the country with the most prostitutes in the world????

Guess the UN has never been to Russia, Brazil or Thailand.

I think relative to population is the point, in which case I would agree with them. And I have been to Russia, Thailand and Brazil.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I think relative to population is the point, in which case I would agree with them. And I have been to Russia, Thailand and Brazil.

Well then. I think? I stand corrected :speechles

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
the article makes it sound like DR is the #1 country in the world for exporting prostitution. If anyone who has traveled the world would instantly notice is that russian women take the crown in this category.
Outside of usa and maybe a few countries in europe, no one even knows anything about dominican republic, let alone know a few prostitutes from this island.
AZB

USA and "few countries" in Europe?

Yeah and Argentina and Venezuela and pretty much the entire Caribbean. Oh yeah, and Belize and Panama too. They'll be showing up in Asia and Oceania soon.

Everybody like Beisbol

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Well then. I think? I stand corrected :speechles

Well if you think the ratio of women to whores in these other countries you mention is anywhere near that in DR then yes, we disagree and I'd question just how much time you've spent in Russia, Thailand and Brazil outside of red light districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.