Sigma Sosua gives bad news to area dairy farmers

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i heard about it few days ago. first the drought, then frequent theft of livestock and now this. bad time for farmers...

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
i heard about it few days ago. first the drought, then frequent theft of livestock and now this. bad time for farmers...

I have a cousin who inherited a century farm in Massachusetts, and let me tell you: there's never a good time for farmers.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Just when you think you are in the clear, protecting livestock and home, NOW what???

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
People are always looking for business ideas. How about a dairy store that actually has good products made locally with all that now excess milk? It is not like the cows are going to stop producing it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
That white cheese is better than any cheese made in Sosua.

i surely hope so :) it's made by hand :)

cheese production on a commercial scale is not easy or cheap. and then most of buyers here want simple stuff like queso amarillo. gourmet products do not sell that well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i surely hope so :) it's made by hand :)

cheese production on a commercial scale is not easy or cheap. and then most of buyers here want simple stuff like queso amarillo. gourmet products do not sell that well.

Yet what they get is plastic as opposed to cheese. It can't get any simpler than that.

"Gourmet" cheese is sold in PriceSmart for less than the Sosua plastic.