The Hippodrome

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Has anyone been to a horse race or concert here?
I shot this short video the other day and was pleased to see how the grounds are still maintained. It's a little worn but still has a majestic feel to it.

Sorry the video is mostly the grand stand, didn't check how much space I had on my SD card.

Would love to hear some stories. Please watch in HD

[video=youtube_share;dYpTL_qZRz0]https://youtu.be/dYpTL_qZRz0[/video]

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I went once maybe 7 years ago. A friend that is into the horses was visiting and so I took him. All I remember is that he looked at the racing form, decided on a ? trifecta he was going to bet (I am not someone who bets on the ponies so not sure of the terminology but I know it was a bit of a long shot). the chick at the window was screwing around and B.S.ing with co workers so he didn't get his bet in on time. He was really ****ed because his "planned" bet came in and would have paid for his plane ticket from Florida. We left shortly afterwards.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I went once maybe 7 years ago. A friend that is into the horses was visiting and so I took him. All I remember is that he looked at the racing form, decided on a ? trifecta he was going to bet (I am not someone who bets on the ponies so not sure of the terminology but I know it was a bit of a long shot). the chick at the window was screwing around and B.S.ing with co workers so he didn't get his bet in on time. He was really ****ed because his "planned" bet came in and would have paid for his plane ticket from Florida. We left shortly afterwards.

Dang that sounds like workers in RD. Yeah that would have blown my mood.