Anyone With Pay Pal Needs to View This

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I got an Email that looked exactly like the real thing. It said there was suspicious activity in your account and you
need to log in. So I did, then it asked me to verify my Cards. This lit up a Red Flag and I closed it.

Then I called Pay Pal security after forwarding the Email to Pay Pal. It was a fraud phishing for Bank info. PayPal
had me change my Password because they did get that, but the change cancelled this. The rep in PayPal said that
if the Email has a No Reply it is a fraud. Pay Pal never sends notices out like this.

Just want to warn the board that if you get this do NOT click on the link, just delete it.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I got an Email that looked exactly like the real thing. It said there was suspicious activity in your account and you
need to log in. So I did, then it asked me to verify my Cards. This lit up a Red Flag and I closed it.

Then I called Pay Pal security after forwarding the Email to Pay Pal. It was a fraud phishing for Bank info. PayPal
had me change my Password because they did get that, but the change cancelled this. The rep in PayPal said that
if the Email has a No Reply it is a fraud. Pay Pal never sends notices out like this.

Just want to warn the board that if you get this do NOT click on the link, just delete it.

Yep. I get them all the time.

Also, delivery ones from FedEX, etc. They want you to open a file and then virus time..............

Last edited:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Thanks Sky! I will now post the mother of all "Genius" scams that someone tried to get me caught into last week in Facebook. I will post it in the thread "Cabarete Diaries, part 2." Frank

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I also get them all the time, never ever open............DELETE..........

As Barry said, plus NEVER click on an E-Mail link, EVERYONE warns you not to do that.

Always use YOUR normal sign-in procedures....

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm so glad that my mother does not do the internet. She would get hooked into a few of these scams. Of that, i'm certain. Can you imagine old people, and poor people from third world countries falling for some of these "Get Rich" scams! It must happen every minute of the day! It's terrible.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Glad to see it is not just me. I think it is called email spoofing. Having paranoid leanings is finally paying off.