Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Adios, Farewell and Amen



    After two and half years in the DR, we are outta here. I'm packing the family up, and we're heading back to Wisconsin. We were planning on moving back in August anyways, but because of my sudden loss of employment, we are heading back this week.

    It certainly has been fun, we've learned alot, and I have enjoyed the weather, beaches, and rum. It'll be nice to make some money again, and have fewer day to day headaches.

    I plan on keeping a foot hold in the country. I am going to work towards a medical tourism concierge service here, and am a couple months away from launching a website. We're going to rent a little Dominican house in the Campo to keep a few of our things, and to have a place to come back to visit.

    Hasta pronto!

  2. Likes jd426, rfp, sosuamatt, sabra, Seamonkey liked this post
  3. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't lose your presence here on DR1. That costs nothing to maintain.
    Der Fish

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    34,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drSix View Post


    After two and half years in the DR, we are outta here. I'm packing the family up, and we're heading back to Wisconsin. We were planning on moving back in August anyways, but because of my sudden loss of employment, we are heading back this week.

    It certainly has been fun, we've learned alot, and I have enjoyed the weather, beaches, and rum. It'll be nice to make some money again, and have fewer day to day headaches.

    I plan on keeping a foot hold in the country. I am going to work towards a medical tourism concierge service here, and am a couple months away from launching a website. We're going to rent a little Dominican house in the Campo to keep a few of our things, and to have a place to come back to visit.

    Hasta pronto!
    i wish you all the very best for the future. God Speed.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drSix View Post
    Hasta pronto!
    But stay with us on DR1!!!!

    Good luck

    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    enjoy the new chapter in your life! good luck.

  7. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Don't lose your presence here on DR1. That costs nothing to maintain.
    Der Fish
    Oh, yea, I'll stick around.

  8. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good luck. We lived in Wisconsin, for 14 years, its a great place to raise a family, great people, we miss still today.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting to hear your perspective after you've spent a year back in the USA.

  10. Likes CFA123 liked this post
  11. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Place Like Home View Post
    Good luck. We lived in Wisconsin, for 14 years, its a great place to raise a family, great people, we miss still today.
    Waking up at five a damn clock in he AM to pull on the cows' teats is the highlight of the day in Wisconsin! Been there done that!
    Der Fish

  12. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have been getting very envious of people moving back home! I hope the move and everything is smooth! Take care!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •