canadian killed in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
R.I.P.... Surprised it doesn't happen more in Sosua, lots of unemployed desperado's floating around, morning, noon and night. I have recently seen some moto guys from the Santiago area doing who knows what. Santiago does not put up with a lot of their scam sheet

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Interesting, they must have been let in, as there is a first door to get into enter the three apartments within.
And I dunno how it is now but there used to be the girls who work in the bar downstairs that live in the very
first apartment, and so very little would get through without them noticing, if that is still the set up. Also very
unusual for the owner or manager to have girls working in the bar that couldn't be trusted, they used to be
all long term servants, good girls by Dominicana standards, for Sosua they were amazing.
I have a feeling this guy was too drunk to do anything, as any kind of noise bounces around, a struggle would
be heard for sure.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Lots of gringos getting killed on the NC this year. Beware the people you let into your home. Lots of snakes out there.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Lots of gringos getting killed on the NC this year.

Is it alot already? I haven't paid any attention and barely on here any more to notice. This is only the second I noticed apart from
the Cabarete guy.

The NorthCoast seems to go through spikes in this kind of thing. There is always a constant trickle of gringo murders but every now
and then they spike and there are a lot over a 4 or 5 month period. I have often thought that what lies behind these spikes are the
the routine tours that the girl workers do around the Island, it's odd but makes perfect sense.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Probably his piggy bank was broke and what's her name and associates went in for what they could get.

Nothing more nothing less.

RIP Leo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Always a second side to the story. He messed with the wrong chica. Either way, it's sad to kill somebody for a few hundred pesos.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Messed with the wrong chica? they are all wrong chicas. We need to expel this idea that just because 'she is a wrong chica'
that it is his fault for being murdered, or even he in any way deserves to die. As expats living in DR you need to remember
that you hold greater value on life than the majority around you and killing over such petty stuff does not even cross your
mind. But I think it probably should, because it is pretty common place for people to die over nothing in that place.
I see his 'chica' is being held for questioning.
Looks like she gave up the guys in order to save herself some, or they gave her up to save them some.
Either way a quiet decent guy is dead and the DR is no worse off. There are a million more scum bags waiting to do the same
thing, next week to someone else.

Word on the street is????

Kennyca

Dec 18, 2009
gocruickshanks.com
Haven't posted for a long time, but had to post to clarify this sad event.
Leo wasn't killed in one of Spanky's apartments, but in the building next to Spanky's which has no security gate as far as I know. Anyone can come and go up the stairwell to these apartments, and it has nothing to do with the girls at Spanky's. Leo was a nice guy who will be missed. RIP Leo.

Interesting, they must have been let in, as there is a first door to get into enter the three apartments within.
And I dunno how it is now but there used to be the girls who work in the bar downstairs that live in the very
first apartment, and so very little would get through without them noticing, if that is still the set up. Also very
unusual for the owner or manager to have girls working in the bar that couldn't be trusted, they used to be
all long term servants, good girls by Dominicana standards, for Sosua they were amazing.
I have a feeling this guy was too drunk to do anything, as any kind of noise bounces around, a struggle would
be heard for sure.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Haven't posted for a long time, but had to post to clarify this sad event.
Leo wasn't killed in one of Spanky's apartments, but in the building next to Spanky's which has no security gate as far as I know. Anyone can come and go up the stairwell to these apartments, and it has nothing to do with the girls at Spanky's. Leo was a nice guy who will be missed. RIP Leo.

Kenny, great you stepped up to inform the misinformed.

Concerning some posters, lips are like, etc, etc, etc.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
If you are coming to a third world country to have sex with prostitutes or buy drugs
sooner or later you end up having (more) problems.

So you didn't know Leo, but you felt the need to spread that startling revelation.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Kenny, great you stepped up to inform the misinformed.

Concerning some posters, lips are like, etc, etc, etc.

What are you talking about, the report said he was killed above Spankys, thats is nothing to do with posters,
and everything to do with Mickey Mouse reporting. If you could read the articles you could see that
and then make 'an informed' comment yourself as opposed to this^^^^^^^

But yes, thanks to Kenny we know the truth which is all that matters in the end.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So you didn't know Leo, but you felt the need to spread that startling revelation.

I didn?t know Leo and I don?t know you but having lived (I?ve since moved on) a few years
in Los Charamicos around these ?women? and the scum ass chulos who follow them around
this country hustling, I know exactly what I am talking about.
I call it like I see it and this ain?t my first rodeo sweetheart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.