Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Insurance

About to insure again and thought I would ask for other forum members experiences of good car insurers and what is a fair price for a comprehensive annual insurance policy of a mid range priced second hand vehicle. Based in Santo Domingo with low to medium annual mileage.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about locations, but I renewed this week and my policy went up fro, 4388 pesos last year to 5466. Just basic insurance. Of course that is for a year and one month back in Tenn is more than that so I didn't complain. Just went down to the bank and made a deposit in the insurance agent's account as I always do and I am good to go.
    Monumental Insurance is my insurer, can send agent's info if desired.
    Der Fish

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Don't know about locations, but I renewed this week and my policy went up fro, 4388 pesos last year to 5466. Just basic insurance. Of course that is for a year and one month back in Tenn is more than that so I didn't complain. Just went down to the bank and made a deposit in the insurance agent's account as I always do and I am good to go.
    Monumental Insurance is my insurer, can send agent's info if desired.
    Der Fish
    Thanks I'm looking at quotes from Atlantica and Pepin fully comprehensive and they look decent. Just interested in hearing others comments since past employer did the business the last few years.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

You are better off buying from a broker. Recommend Ros y Asociados or Marsh Franco Acra.
    If you have a problem, they will have more pull to get action for you than if you go directly to the insurance company.

5. Likes ju10prd, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I paid 37,000 pesos with MAPFRE Seguros for full coverage on a 2007 Santa Fe . According to the Auto repair shop in Santiago, Auto Pintar Robles, Monumental is the best to deal with, but all of them are ok.

7. Likes champ liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're in Santo Domingo, be sure to add Casa de Conductor to the policy

Administrator
    DR1.com

9. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped " full " insurance. Got too complicated, they wanted 1, then 2, now 3 tracker thingy mumble jumbos installed in the car. Dont ask me why. At their cost, mind you.
    Just renewed yesterday basic insurance + an option or 2. 8200 pesos for a year. Commercial de seguro in santiago.
    BTW, they still didnt ask, and after I did, they said they didnt want/need any DL, dr or other.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We stopped full insurance too, we carry liability and Casa de Conductor thru BHD's auto insurance for about 8800 pesos a year.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I insure through my bank - Progreso.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Insurance is a rip off. Ridiculous prices.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast