former miss DR suffers car accident followed by a robbery

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
So it was not an accident, it was the robbery, as I understand the truck pushed her out of highway so they could rob her belongings from the crashed car. I heard they do it often at the Santiago - Santo Domingo highway. They also throw rocks at cars, or put some some concrete blocks on the road at night, so is the driver loses control and crash, they can rob him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Maybe this time it was not an intentional cash, but I have heard of many cases when they try to provoke the crash on this highway in order to rob the belongings from the crashed vehicle, especially in the Villa Altagracia area.

yes, very true. usually throwing stones at cars. miesposo had his windscreen cracked once but he did not stop. few years ago our friend was on a metro bus to SD and the stones smashed the side window completely causing it to fall apart. the driver just put his foot down and went for it.

using own vehicle for a trick like this is dangerous, thou.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never leave our car alone after a crash or let people in the car, my wife has fought with the MOPS and good Samaritans when they beg her to open the doors to help her. She won't let anyone near her piano! Haha

Man people flock quickly and circle!
Most do seem to really want to help but you never know who is not...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Most probably remember the helicopter that crashed and one of those helping the pilot had his hands in his pocket stealing his phone and wallet if I remember well.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
We never leave our car alone after a crash or let people in the car, my wife has fought with the MOPS and good Samaritans when they beg her to open the doors to help her. She won't let anyone near her piano! Haha

Man people flock quickly and circle!
Most do seem to really want to help but you never know who is not...

Similar intentions flies have when you **** on the street

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Today's DR1 News
Former Miss DR in car crash
While driving from Santiago to Santo Domingo on the Duarte Highway yesterday, Thursday 7 April 2016, former Miss Dominican Republic Kimberly Castillo was lucky to escape with her life after her car was totaled when ambushed by a truck. After her car overturned, she was then targeted by bystanders who took advantage of her confusion and stole her cell phone and her computer. She was helped by one person and did not suffer serious injuries. Her car was hit by a red Daihatsu truck that sped off.
In December 2015, Kimberly lost her father Antonio Castillo when he was shot dead on Av. Duarte in Santiago, in a road rage incident. The suspect, Domingo Hinojosa Ceballos is in jail.
http://www.7dias.com.do/portada/201...-castillo-sufre-accidente-atracan-escena.html
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/04/07/miss-republica-accidenta-atracan
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...DR-suffers-car-accident-followed-by-a-robbery