shipping from united states to puerto plata

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Hello, I have some shipping questions. I am looking for the best way to ship from the U.S to PP. is there any
major U.S shipping companies like fedex that have a office in PP where someone can pick up package? or another company that someone has used before? I worried about losing my package. thanks much

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Depends on how large your item is that you wish to ship. There are courier services that you can ship to. Jetpack is one here in Puerto Plata that has a Fedex sign on their door. Jetpack.com if I remember right.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Thanks again man. I'm shipping a small box. I was told to be careful of the local postal service in DR.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I was told to be careful of the local postal service in DR.

There effectively IS no postal service in the DR. I periodically send postcards or letters to friends/family in the US, Middle East, & Europe. Just to test it out. Receipt reports vary from 0 to 120 days.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
man o man, thanks for the info. I would much rather to ship to a company in PP and have my friend pick up there rather then trying to find his address.

OkieJoe

Feb 15, 2013
Not to hijack this thread, but to keep the shipping theme.... Would shipping a $1,200, 13ft kayak (90lbs), be more cost effective than purchasing new?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Not to hijack this thread, but to keep the shipping theme.... Would shipping a $1,200, 13ft kayak (90lbs), be more cost effective than purchasing new?

Just jump in it and point it south by east and come on down!
Der Fish

Seven Zeran

Feb 14, 2014
What about using the service from CPS? I've heard good things about them from a friend. Google them. I know they have an office in Sosua and cabarete. I would guess in purerto plata too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What about using the service from CPS? I've heard good things about them from a friend. Google them. I know they have an office in Sosua and cabarete. I would guess in purerto plata too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPS has offices in Sosua, Cabarete, & PP.

PUERTO PLATA
C/ Cardenal Sancha #25-1, Centro Ciudad
Puerto Plata, Rep. Dom.
t (809) 586-7185

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
EPS and CPS, as well as other regular courier services require an account to receive packages. if this is one off event fedex or DHL will do just fine.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I contacted this office, they will accept the package and charge 100 peso. thanks for the info

make sure the value of the package is either below 200 dollars or declared as such, in order not to pay taxes.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Yes, I have read that. I have the receipts. Thanks

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Attach photocopies of the receipts to the outside of the package in one of those sticky clear envelopes Fedex will give you. Might be a good idea to put a photocopy of the receipt inside the package as well. Everything gets opened by customs.

There is no actual FedEx office in most places so the package will be delivered to a local courier service or affiliate office for further delivery or held for pickup. Make sure you know exactly where your package will end up. Some places have more than one affiliated office. It's expensive but should work out much better than the postal system.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
United states post office

Hello, If I send a package from the USPS, does anyone know what service will deliver when it gets to DR?
thanks

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Good luck on actually receiving it.

If will arive by Dominican Postal service, where is another question.

Some folks here have been lucky and got their packages.
I sent a package of photos in the early 1990's, never arrived.

Most use a delivery service with a Miami ship-to address that is then forwarded here to your account.

Such businesses are Freight Forwarders and 2 well know ones are EPS and BMCargo.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
The usps will ship to DR. You dont think that's a good idea I guess?