Mobile Passport App

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
For US residents and Canadians there is now a Mobile Passport App that allows you to stand in a different line, similar to Global Entry. Right now it's at a limited number of airports but it's going to grow quickly. You enter your information, create a pin and then follow the instructions. You still need your passport as back up but this is another option for easy re-entry to your own country,

Jan 9, 2004
For US residents and Canadians there is now a Mobile Passport App that allows you to stand in a different line, similar to Global Entry. Right now it's at a limited number of airports but it's going to grow quickly. You enter your information, create a pin and then follow the instructions. You still need your passport as back up but this is another option for easy re-entry to your own country,

Anything that helps reduce the long lines is welcome.

I have been using Global Entry for a couple years. It is a huge benefit when multiple international carriers arrive at the same time.

One correction though. MPC (Mobile Passport Control) cannot be used by all US residents......currently only US citizens and Canadian residents.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
I used it last time through Miami. It is awesome. The app is called mobile passport. It is marked on the signs now. I think it was a yellow symbol and said mobile passport control.

Basically it replaces the electronic kiosk where you line up with everyone, and answer the questions, it takes your picture, and prints a receipt. You do all of that on your phone and take your own picture. It generates a QR code that is scanned in a specific mobile passport line.

I bypassed about 300 people in line last time. You just show the app to the person putting people in line and they direct you through.

You go to the next person who normally looks at your receipt and tells you which line to go in and they point you to the mobile passport designated line.

When I got to the line, it was me and two flight attendants. No wait. No questions. They scanned my code and I walked through.

One of the officers did tell me that they have had problems with it not working consistently though, but I experienced no problem.

Honestly, it saved so me so much time that I wasn't going to tell anyone.