Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truck water vs colmado water...

I used to refill my five gallon jug off the back of one of the trucks that come around all the time. "Reverse osmosis, UV light" I've been sick twice in the last three months. Then about a month ago, I noticed the truck water had a muddy taste and switched over to buying water at the colmado in sealed bottles~I haven't been sick since. It's a cash business and if a driver tops off the tank with tap water, he can prob clear another 500 or more pesos a day without the parent company knowing. It's a hassle to haul the water now and more expensive, but there's no way I'll buy off a truck again. I'm hoping to get one of those ceramic cones now..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't get this, you've been a member for 10 years and you act like a total newbie? water from trucks is not meant for drinking. stick to 5 gallon bottles.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

At 35-50 pesos for twenty litres it's relatively cheap to get clean drinking water.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't imagine drinking the water that comes from the trucks. I looked into our cisterna one fine day when it was about empty. Stuff and things in there! One of those ceramic things are made for people who dip teir water out of the river. The five gallon bottles are cheaper than constant trips to doctors. I pay 40 pesos per bottle and since I am an old goat pay another 20 pesos for a kid to carry it home for me and up the stairs.
    Der Fish

5. Likes Meemselle, granca liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There are trucks here in Higuey that are for cisterns and those for drinking.. The drinking water trucks refill five gallon jugs for 25 pesos. Mi esposa was buying off the truck too...

When I was living in Sosua ten years back, I only got water in the small bottles.. When a truck goes around claiming it's twice purified, "para mejor salud, tomo Aqua Illeyna" they're selling drinking water. We have a cistern as well for tap water.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    There are trucks here in Higuey that are for cisterns and those for drinking.. The drinking water trucks refill five gallon jugs for 25 pesos. Mi esposa was buying off the truck too...

When I was living in Sosua ten years back, I only got water in the small bottles.. When a truck goes around claiming it's twice purified, "para mejor salud, tomo Aqua Illeyna" they're selling drinking water. We have a cistern as well for tap water.
    OK that puts it i a different category.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i repeat, truck water is not safe for drinking, regardless of how they are marketing it.

9. Likes Expat13, KateP, bienamor, kampinge, PeterInBrat liked this post
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i repeat, truck water is not safe for drinking, regardless of how they are marketing it.
    We get water from the government water system via their water pipes and I would never drink it.

The trucks fill up from the same government water system at the main plant in Santiago. (Usually)

Stay Calm, The Moderator is Here

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, this is a lawless society. You could be served something poisonous that kills you and there will be nobody at fault here.
    Always assume you are being lied to and use your own common sense as to the safety of the item or situation.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the other day, authorities closed down an illegal water business in Veron-Punta Cana that was selling contaminated water to businesses and colmados. http://www.gsa-lab.com/descubren-env...ctor-de-veron/

13. Likes ctrob, PeterInBrat, Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast